It will never end...

by mrsjones5 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm gonna try and make this short.

My husband blocked all of my parents's numbers (home and cell) from calling our house. He did because they were continuing to say and repeat stupid stuff and stressing me out further than what I'm already stressed and they're trying to suing the property management of our apartment to retrieve monies that we had agreed to repay them (the property manager called us about it).

Hubby has had enough. They are both on his shit list and doesn't have a desire to ever see them again nor to let our children around them.

I call my parents maybe once a week or two and I had recently called my mother because she had asked me to do some research for her. I got my father first, said "Hello, how are you" to him and he proceedes to tell me that he can't call my house and who blocked him from calling. I took the passive route (because I really didn't want to talk about it and if I gave in and told who and why it was only going to lead into a fight and that's not what I was calling for) and said I didn't do it. My father says "well the kids didn't so I assume it was your idiot husband (and I said to myself that the reason why you're blocked) and I'm sorry to say (no he's not) that if we can't call you, you can't call us.

Not giving in to the insult and the threat I said I called because Mother asked me to and then my father gave my mother the phone.

This has bothered me on some level but not like last year. I can't change my parents but I can change me and how I let them affect me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I feel you, Girlfriend.

It'll be a grand day when you and Hubby can be free of their influence.

Hold on; it's coming.

Syl

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow.....what an asshole that would call your husband an idiot!!!!

I think I would have replied in the following:

"Well, my husband, being head of the household, has made the descision as such that we as a family will not be tolerating your judgemental attitudes, self-righteous preaching, and other haughtiness. Consider this your final notice. Goodbye."

No way would I have let my parents talk about my spouse in such a fashion. That would have been the absolute END. No more contact. Hell, I'd be shunning THEM!!!

Can't you just feel the "Christian Love" oozing from these people??? Sick, yo!!!!

- Wing Commander

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I can't change my parents but I can change me and how I let them affect me." - That's the goal. It's hard though.

I'm still surprised at how much my parents' issues continue to effect me in adulthood.

My sympathies

• wasblind
    wasblind

Girl,

My mom never ask for me to pay her back, even when i tried to give her back a little something

she would manage to slip it back in my purse and i would'nt know until i got home, she died of

cancer several years ago, but she did what she could for all of her children, because her own

mother treated her mean, i'm glad grandma didn't know anything about the witnesses cause she

acted foolish enough on her own. Grandaddy was a gem though. My heart goes out to you

josie .

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mrs. Jones

just like my mom, you are learning what type of parent not to be.

and in the end your relationship with your children will be much better

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I'm still surprised at how much my parents' issues continue to effect me in adulthood.

AMEN! This is part of the reason why i'm IN therapy...as even though I am 32yrs old and have been OUT of my parents house for sometime physically - EMOTIONALLY there is a 'hold' on my thoughts/perceptions/feelings that I continue to give them - and it makes me so angry.

mrsjones5 - I'm sorry that your parents are treating you with SUCH disrespect! They act that way because you won't back down, you know that right? It's like withoholding alcohol from a drunk - they will flip out on you!! Same with controlling parents - they will start trippin when you stand up to them or don't play into their games/attitude. Stay STRONG girl!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I used to just ignore the questions by leaving a pregnant pause (sometimes a silence longer than that) and not respond to them at all. Then, after the brief silence sunk in with him I'd say something like .... "Soooo... is Mom there? She asked me to call."

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

they're trying to suing the property management of our apartment to retrieve monies that we had agreed to repay them (the property manager called us about it).

Perhaps it would be easier to repay them the money you borrowed?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I haven't been ignoring my own topic, this is the first time I've been able to get on the computer since this morning. Hubby does work on this computer and I've been running around doing mommie stuff.

Yeah Sylvia that day is coming. I don't feel the need to treat my parents with the disdain that they dish out to my hubby, and I but there will be a reckoning.

Ya'll are great and so on the money. The disrespect my parents have for my husband and I is shameful. Hubby cutting them off was and is a relief. I don't plan on lifting the blocks any time soon but when I'm ready they will have limited access. Hubby has told me about a Google phone number that will give me a lot of control over who calls me, I can even record conversations if I want to - something that would be useful with my parents.

"Well, my husband, being head of the household, has made the descision as such that we as a family will not be tolerating your judgemental attitudes, self-righteous preaching, and other haughtiness. Consider this your final notice. Goodbye."

Well said WC. My parents have never gotten over the fact that I married my husband (our 18th anniversary is in December) and don't acknowledge him as being the head of my household, father of my children. My parents continue to believe that I am still beholden to them as a child even though it's been over twenty years since I lived under their roof and even then I hardly let them control me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit