Mom in hospital, WHAT TO DO?

by Out at Last! 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I would call the hospital and talk to the floor nurse. Ask her how your Mom is doing and ask her to ask your Mom if she will see you or accept a phone call from you. After that the ball is in her court.
    I also want to add that when seeing someone in person, especially if it's a surprise, it's a little harder to tell them you don't want to see them..

Snoozy

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

My idea too Snoozy, when I confirmed that she was in a hospital, which one, I was going to go up and see her. My sister just confirmed which hospital she was in and talked to her. She was imphatic that she wants no contact with either of her children.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I am sorry OAL & Jamie for your dilema-

I wouldn't want to involve the elders either, I like the suggestion on calling the floor nurse...I fear confronting someone who is so entrenched with the disfellowshipping thing like your mother...my mom adopts it so fervently that when my brother was df'd and suicidal he called my mom for help & she talked to him but I heard her telling him on the phone "your jeopardizing my spirituality by talking to me, I don't want to loose holy spirit" WTF!!!!

I wish you both the best, & I hope your mother recovers well-

CHG

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I think I am going to drive 3 1/2 hours to go to the hospital to be shunned personally.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

YEs do what you want to do! Ignore the WT and their stupid rules. You need not to abide them. Your mom will follow the rules but you dont have to.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Me and you CyberJesus are in agreement here...

Loz x

• sherah
    sherah

OAL, go in peace. I hope you are received in love.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It's a sad story, OAL. I hope it goes well and she will let you stay, visit and talk. If not, accept her decision with grace.

One suggestion: when you arrive, check with the nurses to see if any other visitors are with her. Things may go better if there's nobody else there she needs to impress with how "scipturally" she is treating you.

Good luck to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit