Mom in hospital, WHAT TO DO?

by Out at Last! 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

It seems that I have quite a dilemma: I just found out that my mother is in the hospital. She does not speak to me or my sister. She is told by the people who publishes the books and magazines that she sells (Jehovah’s Witnesses) that she cannot speak to us or eat a meal with us. What is the hospital etiquette / rules. Can we visit the hospital room, not speak, and just stare at each other? Or is that against the rules also? Any elders have their flock book handy that can advise?

DAMN CULT !

• wasblind
    wasblind

The pain from this cult is relentless

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My opinion ... go to the hospital, ask her doctor, nurses on staff, possibly a walk past her room to the nurses station to see how she is doing, word will get to her that you were there. The dissonance of the concerned loving child who is shunned checking on their mom I think would mean more than if you tried to actually visit her face to face.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

She is 3 1/2 hours away. I Heard the news after it went through 5-6 different people.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

What do you want to do?????

theres your answer

• tec
    tec

I agree with Wannabe. If the drive is impossible for you, then phone, and perhaps get a nurse to pass that on to your mother. Even a letter... whether or not she reads it is up to her.

But first and foremost, if possible, physically go to her. Even if word just gets to her that you tried.

Tammy

• sherah
    sherah

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she pulls through. Maybe she will accept a phone call from you. If you are ok with possible rejection, i would give it a go. Good luck.

• tec
    tec

Whatever you do, hold your head up. You are acting in love. Some people might not care about that, but you are doing the right thing by showing love, even to someone who is unable to show it to you.

Just my two cents.

Tammy

• ruruj
    ruruj

Here's my suggestion ...

Ask the elders in-change first for help to engage in family affairs. This kind of shunning is wrong.

If they don't cooperate, then ask help from a hospital counsellor. They may offer you some practical advice and may be help you.

What is in your heart? Do what is reasonable and smart, I hope you don't get blinded mentally by emotions.

Try prayer to have your mother's heart change and accept you regardless of the situation, as most mothers naturally do.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Sometimes the biggest decisions in life are about what YOU do, and who YOU are, not how others will perceive you....

I once gave a begger a $20.00 dollar bill because he said he was hungry. I gave him the twenty because it made me feel good about being a good person and helping my fellow man. He left with the twenty and went to the liquor store next door.

I wonder who received the most benefit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit