If Someone Tells You They Will Call You At A Certain Time And They Don't....

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

how does that affect you?

It ticks me off if I'm waiting for a call and I stop myself from doing something only to not have the person keep the commitment.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I shouldn't even comment on this thread, I'm so guilty of not calling people back when they expect me to. I'm a hypocrite to boot, cuz I hate waiting on late phone calls too!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Never happens to me. Probably only happens to boring, uninspiring people.

• minimus
    minimus

Cantleave, then I'm shocked it doesn't happen to you all the time.

• cantleave
  • minimus
    minimus

lol

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves...when someone says they are going to do something - and they don't! UGH!!! To me, by them NOT doing what they said, they are assuming that their time is more important than mine!!!!!

• undercover
    undercover

eh, no one ever calls me, so I'm never expecting any calls...

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

I don't like it at all. If someone says that they are going to do something then I expect them to do it. I hold myself to the same standard too. As the saying goes, "a man (or woman) is only as good as his (or her) word)." If their word means nothing then I don't have time for them.

Of course, things happen and people are sometimes unable to fulfil their word and that is fine; but constant, unapologetic flakiness is something I have no time for.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That is an irritation of mine, I always try to call people back that I say I will. But stuff happens and most of the time it's not even close to personal.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit