A Short Introduction............

by Night Owl 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

Kola28....I would like to set something straight with you. I dont judge!!! As for my witness kids -

when I put money in their bank account.they are greatful ,money has no concience .

How many people have I seperated from family you ask? I am sure MANY when I was a jw.

I was taught very well. to judge!!!!! Being stupid!!! I listened. !!! I do realize what night owl is trying to do

As for not knowing pain my love. I nursed my hubby for over many years as he died from lung cancer

I nursed my dying son as he died from diabetes & a heart attack,
    I nursed my dying daughter for over a year with cancer .Aches??? Ever had a broken heart????

I have !!!

Sorry you were offended by my response ,I NOW!!!! am allowed to say what I think ,feel, to think for myself

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lola says: One does not need to lose family to feel pain

that maybe true, but have you lost a child ? I can only imagine,

one of the most painful things to have to endure, would be the death of your own child.

waking up to the WTS lies, is heartbreaking, that is true, but if I had to gage heartache,

the WTS would not be at the top of my list, if this offends you. SO WHAT.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Night owl,

I think you are right. Part of life's lessons are learning to put things in perspective and TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for our own part in these things. One might ask...why was I so gullable? What was my motivation? What did I think I had to gain from all this? Who did I step on to achieve what I thought was personal glory?

I think if people look deeper inside their own selves they will find the true reasons they were sucked in to these lies. And much of it lies in not wanting to be responsible. By being responsible...you learn to ask questions and develop reasoning skills. Many times we have all jumped into something without reading the fine print. We have signed papers having no idea what all the legalese meant. And usually our actions were because of some perceived benefit for ourselves---whether out of greed, power, insecurity, whatever. We never much thought about the "conditions and requirements" that might be hidden in fine print and twisted words.

Joining the Society is a lot like that. Before internet, people did not really know what they were getting into before they joined. Secret societies operate like that, too. You find out too late---only after you are entrenched and your family and friends are in it knee deep, too. They've got you over a barrel using your loved ones as leverage to keep their control over you.

It'smuch harder to get out than it is to get in.

People need to look at their WT experience and learn about themselves from it rather than blame others for the mistakes they made. People need to examine what motivated them to stay in an abusive situation.

• Quandry
    Quandry

but they are not 100% responsible for your family shunning you, if your family cared enough about they would do whatever it took to be with yo

It is hurtful to imply that the family just didn't care enough, anyway. Shame on you.

The Watchtower Society speaks for God. They clearly state this. They absolutely equate shunning with loyalty to God. For a person to be in God's good graces, they MUST adhere to the shunning process. While "in" I talked with mothers who shunned their children for years, but were dying inside from a broken heart. At the time, I admired them for being loyal. It was not happening to me, so I had no clue.

On this forum are touching life stories of those that are shunned by their children or parents, some even finding out a parent died by reading about it in the paper.

They most certainly ARE responsible.

I also don't think "getting over it without resentment" is an easy thing to do. Instead, perhaps we can be here to help many go through the devastation they feel when they find out loyalty to God had nothing to do with any of it. Resentment and anger is part of the process. I went through several years of it. NOW I can "move on" with less resentment......but it will never all go away.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Do you see how one word, just ONE word has created such a stir?

Until you deal with that word in your lives, you will be bitter.

For those of you that "get it", that is terrific.

Night Owl

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybe you should teach yourself who the "WORD" is

• wasblind
    wasblind

Night Owl

i am glad you have found peace and balance in your life

but be prepare to have that shaken if you cannot come

to terms with the fact that some people are not at that

point. Or they may come about it in a different way than

you do.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Some people ain't ready to sit around a campfire,

bang tamborines, and sing"cum bye ya"

I'm one of those people. But at the same

time I'm happy for you.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl
    Maybe you should teach yourself who the "WORD" is

Dear mouthy, you know very well I was not speaking of Jesus. Nice try, though.

Night Owl

• mouthy
    mouthy

Night Owl So happy to hear you know who Jesus is... NOT Micheal the Ark Angel as we were taught

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit