A Short Introduction............

by Night Owl 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

I am a former MS and have been active and inactive since I stepped down about 20 years ago. I am currently inactive. I may attend a meeting or two a month, sometimes none.

I have no feelings of animosity towards the Organization, or anyone in it. This is an organization whose members are human beings, and it shows.

The key to having a good life having been associated with this organization is to drop all resentment of all past and present associates. It is also advisable to drop resentment you may have against your parents, siblings, workmates, even the waiter at your favorite eating establishment.

In other words, resentment will kill you from the inside-out.

You see, what you hate, is what you will become.

Anyway, that is all for now.

Night Owl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, there's resentment, there's hatred, and then there's awakening and discernment... And having a good laugh at self-important, delusional behavior...

Having learned so very much, since leaving that rather insignificant group of people, I can look back on their misguided dogma and unscientific misinterpretations, their egomaniacal, self-aggrandizing belief that only "THEY" have the "truthâ„¢ ", and that THEY are so important that "satan" has targeted them...

And it all gives me a good laugh. I don't hate or resent the Jehovah's Witnesses; they are sadly clueless and disconnected from reality. It all makes for an amusing little show.

After all, with only 7 million members, they're pretty insignificant... That on-line game, "World of Warcraft", has 11 million followers, just to put things in perspective...

Besides, the Christian god - bible 'god' or 'gods' - is/are only around 3,500 years old - a mere eye-blink in the span of humanity's existence. There are deities that are far, FAR older than the bible 'gods'...

And many of those ancient deities are still being worshipped, in one form or another, even today...

Zid

• asilentone
    asilentone

Night Owl, welcome to the board, thats good that you are thinking positively, but there are ALOTS of things wrong with the organization. The more you read here, the more you will understand what others have been through, etc.....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sounds healthy to me.

Welcome to the board!

om

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

asilentone,

I have been lurking this sight for a few years, and I understand what you are saying, but it is our reaction to the organization that causes us the harm.

The organization will continue, but will you or I waste time, emotional time, reliving the injustice, or perceived injustice until we have a heart attack or stroke? Will we fall into a deep depression for the rest of our lives because we feel we made a 20 or 30 year mistake?

Turning the anger inward will only make us feel worse, and lashing out in anger will only hurt others.

When the catharsis of "venting" is done, then what?

What is left? More "venting"?

Then what after that? More alcohol? More Xanax?

No, the issue is not as much with the organization, as it is with us.

Night Owl

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the forum Night Owl....I see what you're saying but sadly life is not so trite and compact- for me 'anger' wasnt the biggest issue at all but the pain and grief has been enormous. I think we all have to do our best to heal in our own ways and hence make the most of the lives we have left and many give time and effort to helping others to break free from the Org by exposing truths - surely they are to be commended for their hard work? Since leaving I realise that nothing is so easily judged...

Loz x

• StAnn
    StAnn

" This is an organization whose members are human beings, and it shows."

Mmm, isn't that true of all organizations with members?

Welcome, Night Owl.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

No, the issue is not as much with the organization, as it is with us.

First, welcome to the forum. Second, I can't agree with that. I spent 36 years in that cult, from birth until just about a week ago, even though i mentally got out long ago. The issue is how the WTBS has corrupted and destroyed some of our lives, relationships, future, etc. I agree that letting hate and anger burn you up from the inside is futile, but hating the lies and destruction they sow and actively working against it is not the same as being eaten up by hate.

I was lucky enough to get out but the damage they did will last a long time. Not emotional, damage, so much for me, but for my kids that I now have to split my time with and financially. Working to help anyone ELSE get out or to see the truth is NOT a waste.

• Thetis
    Thetis

Welcome. I do agree with you about resentment being that silent killer. However, sometimes we actually have to go through the various stages of mourning - loss of a life we could have had, loss of family and friends, and this mourning stage includes anger and resentment too - if only for a while. For some of us, being positive is second nature, for others, a constant struggle. It also depends on how devastating the effect of the org. was on our life, I guess. Just my opinion! It's wonderful that you do have that attitude though.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Hello and I bid you welcome.

Glad you saw the light. I'm trying to rid myself of bitterness as well and I don't want to be consumed. I don't want to go to war, I just want to live my life. I've spent enough of my energies on the borg. I've never seen outright abuse but I've heard more than enough about it. It all breaks my heart. Good luck to you on whatever road you travel.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit