Elder's message to me, on me being disfellowshipped tomorrow.

by whereami 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

"Elder" is trying to be loving, as best as he can with his hands cuffed behind his back.

Love your wife as hard as you can, whereami. Love is powerful.

• whereami
    whereami

Thanks for your wise words Quillsky.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I'm not out but wish you all the best

Sometimes I think it would be like a breath of fresh air -- there are so many issues in the congregations today - I dont really think the older elders are up to it and they are not getting anyone to take up the reins of power..

Right now, I know of 4 gone - da'd -- maybe another 3 and three JC's going on in just my one cong...

and all of them long time pubs...

Hummm

• truthlover
    truthlover

One quick question tho for WHEREAMI :

How long did it take you reach this point and did the loving elders watch you go slowly downhill without any shepherding calls and follow up to encourage you??

• goldensky
    goldensky

Have good courage, Whereami. You sound like a strong person but you may have to face some low moments in the next few weeks. You'll get over them quickly, I'm sure. We are here for you. I wish you all the best.

• whereami
    whereami

Hi Truthlover. It took me around 7-10 yrs of intense research first into the Jw's and then into God/Religion itself. I knew where I was sooner then that but it took me that long before I actually left which was yesterday. As far as the "loving elders" being concerned with my spirituality, yes they did watch my slow downhill as you say. They tried too adjust me but I kept giving them the slip so too speak. But I was marked soo it was just a matter of time.

Thanks for your best wishes.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Df'd over You Tube?! How pathetic this organization is! Hey, I'm exjw44288 on You Tube. Friend me, and I'll introduce you around to the celebrity apostates if you don't already know them: CSTheApostate, AwakenedatGilead, Tim Kilgore, LuciousBogeyman, etc.

• whereami
    whereami

Goldensky, I agree. I've tried to prepare myself for the following days to come as best as I know how. You know it's funny, I used to hear other people say that after they left it was like a huge weight was taken off their shoulders. I now can understand that feeling, it's liberating for sure. But as you mentioned I realize that there'll be some tough days ahead. After all it was 30+ yrs that was invested and bonds that were made with people that I cared about and always will. My biggest difficulty will be my family. I have anywhere from 30+ in the "truth". So that's gonna take some time getting used to. And then there's my mom, which I had a very close relationship with. Not to mentioned an extreamly hard core wife. That's going to be extreamly hard.

Thanks for your best wishes.

• goldensky
    goldensky

It breaks my heart to think of the needless suffering many are forced to go through. I really, really wish you lots of courage. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit