Hello from a Pagan UBM

by Libelle 35 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Well at least she's not a Satanist.

Technically, to a JW, isn't everyone else ultimately a Satanist?

• Libelle
    Libelle

Mary - he always felt guilty for not continuing his "studies" I guess, we made a major life change and they came by one day... guess he felt it was the right time to go back. Yeah it is extreme, and wierd and awkward.

Thanks Bohm!

Yeah I guess in a way, WBF is right. Of course Pagans have been accused of Devilry for years.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Belles are definitely welcome here.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Technically, to a JW, isn't everyone else ultimately a Satanist?

Mary - he always felt guilty for not continuing his "studies" I guess, we made a major life change and they came by one day... guess he felt it was the right time to go back. Yeah it is extreme, and wierd and awkward.

Your story sounds similar to mine in some ways. My wife always felt guilty for celebrating holidays to the point that she thinks she will die because she celebrates them. Talk about wierd. The witnesses have been coming around for years studying with her and one day she decided she wanted to go back.

I am curious, though, how did an inactive Jehovah's Witness meet up with a pagan? Did he not show any concern for you and your beliefs during the time he wasn't active? How does he feel about it now?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Libelle,

Since you suppported my positions so well on another thread, I might as well stop in and say hi.

I must say that you are intelligent and well spoken. You write really well. It's truly unfortunate that you find yourself in such a sticky situation. My dad was a UBM and is to this day. That sure didn't make things easy. For a long time he really gave my mom a lot of grief over it. Eventually my dad mellowed and my folks are getting along but sometimes I wish that my mom never met the borg in the first place. It's hard to say what the chances are of your marriage surviving. I just hope your husband will have the good sense to mellow out a little too.

I'm sure you'l make at least a coupe of friends here. I did. I wouldn't doubt it if you and Zid get along like a house on fire. Have a good time here.

V665

• Libelle
    Libelle

Thanks Kurt!

I am curious, though, how did an inactive Jehovah's Witness meet up with a pagan? Did he not show any concern for you and your beliefs during the time he wasn't active? How does he feel about it now?

Well, he'd been lasped for some time when we met, so I don't know if it was even on the radar at the time. He did occassionally show some concern, but it never seemed to be a big deal. How he feels about it now? Well, he wishes I would pray to J-god with an open heart and accept the truth, of course.

Thank you for the welcome, V665, and thank you as well for the compliments! :)

My dad was a UBM and is to this day. That sure didn't make things easy. For a long time he really gave my mom a lot of grief over it. Eventually my dad mellowed and my folks are getting along but sometimes I wish that my mom never met the borg in the first place. It's hard to say what the chances are of your marriage surviving. I just hope your husband will have the good sense to mellow out a little too.

Wow, he's still a UBM, huh? how does he manage that? I often wonder if I can stick with this through the next day, let alone year(s). Yeah, I've given The Mr a fair share of grief, especially early on. But then I realized that I was playing into their expectations of how Satan must be using me, and slowly calmed it down. I find it irritating that there is no acceptable way for a loved one to express concern with someone joining the JW- if they protest, even with many good reasons, it's all just "Satan's doing," I guess the alternate is to not care, but that doesn't get you anywhere either, does it? I guess time only will tell how long he and I last. At this stage he's too in love with the WTS to have any interest in questioning anything, and only views questions as an attack. I know not all folks ever drop out of the in love stage, so in many ways I know I"m playing a waiting game of sorts.

-Libelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit