Hello from a Pagan UBM

by Libelle 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Libelle
    Libelle

Hello there. I'm just introducing myself before I get to know the site a little

I'm "Libelle," I'm a pagan married to a man who's now a JW. He was not this way when our relationship first started. He studied years before and then after we'd been together a number of years got back into it. As a matter of fact it was a catalyst for why we got hitched, officially. We have kids - several of his, and one together.

Needless to say, our household/family/relationship is rather complex, and well I constantly question the sense in staying in this relationship. I'm just looking around more sites to gather information.

-Libelle

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

What kind of information are you looking for?

Be careful here. This messageboard comes with a warning label

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, LiBelle.

It's so nice to have you here.

You've come to the right place to find support - Lord knows you're going to need it!

Syl

• garyneal
    garyneal

Libelle

I can only imagine what your household is like. I myself am a Christian UBM and I find it rather funny almost to the point of being absurd that I am considered the UBM by them when I believe in the same Bible as they.

You'll find atheist and agnostic UBM's here too.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Can someone explain what the term UBM means?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Un Believing Mate

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. Are you also on JWS? Your screen name and story sounds familiar.

• nelly136
    nelly136

welcome

• Libelle
    Libelle

"What kind of information are you looking for?

Be careful here. This messageboard comes with a warning label"

Really just seeing what I can see, I've heard there are both ex and current JW's around. I'll keep the warning label in mind! I guess I"m also looking to see if there are more UBMs out there, or even any locally.

Thanks for the welcome Snowbird.

Yeah, Gary it is wierd. Actually I spend alot of time keeping my beliefs underwraps which is wearing on me. He's been baptized for 2 years now.

Yeap Jamie, I'm on JWS.

Thanks for the welcome Nelly.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Welcome Libelle. Wow that's 2 newbies today

Sorry about your situation, it must be more than awkward .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit