New elders' manual - a few more details

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Thanks for the info. Here is my take:

1.) Softcover - this is PERFECT!! An Elder shouldn't have a hardcover of the elder's manual, as it's too rigid to carry around all the time in your coat pocket, etc. But a soft cover edition - you can keep that on yourself practically all the time!!! It's flexible, and with it being soft it's like a quick mini-reference with all of the hand-written direction in it.

Just imagine, you're not sure which infraction of The Law Brother McFeely has broken, so you whip out your handy-dandy soft-cover Neo-Pharisee Rule Book and viola!! Pedophelia; Step 1.) Do not report. Step 2.) Silence the victim through fear and manipulation via threats of DF'ing. Step 3.) Isolate pedophile to new congregation.

2.) The term "Brazen Conduct". Oh my, the Governing Body are really wising up to the flock "awakening" through online sources and starting to question, aren't they??? This wide-reaching term will blanket a multitude of areas we can't even begin to comprehend yet!! It's basically giving the Elder's a license to disfellowship whomever they see fit, all under the guise of, "Well, Sister College Degree was showing a Brazen Attitude with all of her QUESTIONS!!!" That will shut them up!!!!

So let's summarize, in the past 2 years or so we've seen the following:

1.) New Neo-Pharasitical rule book: "Keep Yourself in God's Love"

2.) Shortened public talks and only using Society approved outlines, no room for opinions.

3.) Constant harping of "Follow the F&DS", which has increased ten-fold since late 1980's, or even the 90's.

4.) No independant study or even reading other biblical translations, via the Sept KM, QFR.

5.) New rules on not holding hands or showing affection during prayers at meetings.

6.) Now, we have a new Elder's Manual.

Anyone else see the control, Control, CONTROL, pattern shaping up here???? Astounashing!!!

- Wing Commander

• baltar447
    baltar447

WC, which Sept KM are you referring to? and can you provide the source for the QFR. Thanks.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Interesting that they seem more interested in having the elder's disciplinary printed materials "perfectly correct in translation" than their bible itself.

But, maybe a new NWT is coming - I have wondered when they were going to add the phrase Governing Body to it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL, JWoods, if they did that I think that would be the last straw for me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Elders can keep their old elder manual if they choose.

That makes me laugh. Of course the elders can keep their old manuals. Why shouldn't they, when they could download a replacement in a matter of minutes from the Watchtower's arch enemy, the INTERNET.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On the soft cover...Doesn't that make it even EASIER to photocopy and PDF?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thanks Sir82. I still can't stop myself from having a morbid curosity about this stuff. Can't wait to see your review of the program!!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

brazen

out to act in a bold unashamed way.

interesting what they might be able to do with that

• JWoods
    JWoods
    LOL, JWoods, if they did that I think that would be the last straw for me.

Well, the first straw for me was discovering - way back around 1970 - that they had just inserted the name Jehovah wherever they wanted in places that no ancient text ever had it. So, it might not be as far-fetched as we would like to think.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Wait a minute, what is this no affection or holding hands during a prayer or meeting? Come on, isnt that the time when MS who are fighting with their wives get to try and make-up without saying sorry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit