The fundamental flaw with the WTBTS as "God's Organization"?

by Essan 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

I think you hit the nail on the head. I cannot begin to put into words the disappointment i felt when i could not come up with excuses for the FDS class' authority being called into question. It was one thing to have the bible only but it was another to present the magazines from the slave as coming from JEH himself. Thats what i thought I was doing. Cooperation with the Slave class is the lynch pin to salvation. Take away the lynch pin and my faith was DEAD.

This is I believe THE SMOKING GUN in my opinion: “Now that the long-expected Kingdom had become an established reality in heaven surely its growing interests would not be left in the hands of a novice organization of spiritual babes. And that proved to be true. It was the 1900-year-old ‘faithful and discreet slave,’ the old Christian congregation,that was entrusted with this precious Kingdom service.”
    The Watchtower, July 15, 1960, p. 436

How anyone can read and understand that a 1800 or 1900 yr old slave class existed when Russell finally came on the scene is BEYOND me. I therefore try to tie this in anytime i can as there is NO Jehovahs Witness that can concoct a brave excuse for this BLATANT dishonesty.

The paradise, universal sovereignty, the ransom, living forever, and everything else , to me, seem to hang on the "WHO" instead of the "what". JWs that come to the door represent the organization NOT Jehovah. They dont even have a relationship with Jesus until the ANNOINTED WITH Jesus purify them during the 1000 yrs.

• read good books
    read good books

No matter how stupid no matter how many time wrong you have to believe that they are God's spokespersons because...they say they are.

• cattails
    cattails

I think people fall for all kinds of scams. People are gullible, I sure was.

Some people learn from being ripped off and abused that it isn't any fun and it's harmful to them to get scammed.

Some people who get scammed in turn scam others. The WTS is a pure and simple scam.

They claim to be "God's Channel on Earth" but it is the people who believe this scam that really give this WT Organization its power, its strength in turn to enslave other victims to their scam.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Answer = its a publishing corporation that has been devise to exploit people's fears and insecurities to create power and control.

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

To me, simply put, the Fundamental Flaw (totally Matrix wording right there, love it) is expressed thusly: There is no "God's Organization" for there is no god. More and more evolutionary science and psychiatry are finding that religions are a throw back to pre-Civilization, possibly to protect in-group culture.

I'm sure Psalm 14:1 will immediately pop up in some minds, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no god.""

Ironically, the most brilliant minds, explorers of the diversity of micro-cosmic life, researchers into the epic distances of celestial bodies burning with unchecked fury (evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and cosmologist/astronomer Carl Sagan, for example) have been able to clearly, logically state there is no god. Would you call them fools?

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Essan,

I too concluded a long time ago that the claim to be appointed in 1919 as the FDS looking after Christs interests on earth is the one thing that they cannot back up with any proof that stands scrutiny.

It is the silver bullet to the vampire of the WT.

Hence, if they cannot prove the choosing in 1919, they are not God's Organization and have no authority, or credibility. (They are also liars)

The problem is that long time JW's particularly, do not want to look at this issue at all. My B.I.L said to me "I am satisfied that they are the FDS whatever you say".

They have the "sunk cost" mentality of the poor investor or gambler, they just have to stick with it because they have put so much in to it.

If only we can get honest hearted JW's to look at this rationally and with open minds and hearts they would soon be free of the cult, the problem is they have had their rational thinking skills subsumed, they are taught subtly to not be honest , and they are as closed minded as it is possible to be.

They are also weak as to conscience, the WT is their conscience, so they do not feel the pressure of their own conscience moving them away, they are also trained to immediately think "Where would we go ?" (Do not be side-tracked by that one either, say we will deal with that when you have answered about 1919)

We can but keep on asking this one question, ("Please prove the 1919 choosing ") and demand an answer to it, and then hope.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Interesting thread....no, of course, they cant 'prove' their choosing as God's org can they? Why did we believe that they were? I do think that one of the fundamental plusses they made was when they decided to call their beliefs ' THE TRUTH'. The psychological effect of this is huge.

Loz x

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my fundamental flaw is "we are the only group God has selected as his chosen group to be his mouthpiece on earth" and "only sheep like ones are to be spared at his great day" ie those rejecting the message of the WTS will be destroyed at The Big A.

I touched this subject with the 2 Dub ladies I spoke to on Saturday , I said I have rejected the message that is proclaimed by The WTS and I have instructed my kids to reject that message as well, they are 8,2 and 7 months, in as many words she said that only their heart condition in which Jerkhobah only knows could save them, I said that the angry destructive God of the Old Testament was a God that should not be worshipped and one that should not be afraid of.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    We can but keep on asking this one question, ("Please prove the 1919 choosing ") and demand an answer to it, and then hope.

They seem to be dropping the 1919 date with David Splane saying Jehovah had chosen them by 1916. See new DVD.

The same argument still applies though.

George

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

On my way out of the org. I had a 3 hour meeting with 2 elders to address some of my questions/concerns. I asked them to give me some evidence that this truly is "Jehovah's Organization". One elder stammered and finally said "Well, you'll just have to take my word for it."

I told him that I couldn't do that... because when I stand before my creator, I stand as an individual... not a group, and that I couldn't hide behind the skirts of an organization and tell Him that He could take that up with "brother Brown" because he told me I had to take his word for it. I told him that I was responsible for what I believed...and especially what I taught others.

They had no proof or defense for their claim be the only true religion. I remember realizing how shallow their "knowledge" was. Neither one read a single scripture. Neither could defend any of the things I asked about.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit