Do you like Sunsets? why?

by cyberjesus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

People like to stop and appreciate a Sunset.... But what is it they enjoy? What do you enjoy? and why? who say its beautiful?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Me personally I never understood that. I thing that's a female thing. Not that I can't appreciate nature related things too, but I'm not going to make an event out of it. I thought the CG on District 9 and Terminator Salvation was beautiful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could make an event out of it. Sunrises, also.

The glow in the clouds and the spreading of colors are marvelous. Despite the commonness of sunsets, it is something that can help contribute to relaxing and looking for calm peace. I cannot really explain beauty in simple words. You either appreciate it or you don't. I mean, a hot woman is hot for what reasons? Why are curves and small noses and large fleshy mammaries (or whatever you like) hotter than no curves, large noses, and tiny mammaries?
    A sunset is appealing to the eyes and causes one to slow down and appreciate another day.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This should not need explaining:

• sabastious
    sabastious

'cause they're purty.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

To be more serious:

The sunset and sunrise is something humans have witnessed for eons. It really is one of the few things in existence that happen every single day and I think we have genetically become accustomed to.

-Sab

• zannahdoll
    zannahdoll

isn't it subjective that sunsets are beautiful? if it is subjective then why is there a greater amount of people who agree that they are beautiful? who decides? if you don't think it is beautiful then does that mean it isn't? or is it beautiful, only you don't appreciate it?

are there standards for beauty?

OnTheWayOut

"large fleshy mammaries" you made me laugh, thanks

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    I mean, a hot woman is hot for what reasons?

Is hot because your body wants her for sexual reasons. it doesnt matter if she is a bitch! you still find her attractive. Genetically we scan people when we see them, we scan for mating features.

I think we find the sunset beautiful because we were socialized to think that. Have you ever done this experiment; get 3 more people and start staring at something, do it in a place that there are a lot of people.. you will find out that soon more people join you at staring.

Then start making comments like "how beautiful the ....... is" and have the others agree. soon you will have more people agreeing.

I mean i like tosee the colors of the sunset. but really when I ask myself why i like the sunsets my answer would be 'because evrybody likes them I guess"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We all like songs. And must people like to hear a bird sing. we associate feelings with signing and automatically associate also feelings when the word sing is used with birds...

But why do we like when birds sing? Is it because they are happy? because the word "sing"is involved? Why do birds sing even if they are caged?

"I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, I AM GOOD COME HAVE SEX WITH ME, COME ON LETS HAVE SEX", "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, I AM GOOD COME HAVE SEX WITH ME, COME ON LETS HAVE SEX", "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, I AM GOOD COME HAVE SEX WITH ME, COME ON LETS HAVE SEX", "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, I AM GOOD COME HAVE SEX WITH ME, COME ON LETS HAVE SEX",

What if you hear me sign this every morning, would you like it? Why if I doit over and over for 3 hours? What if I was a monster with many deformities but you couldnt understand me because I was signing in a different language? Would you still like it?

What if I was a bird? would you still like it? thats pretty much what they are saying.

• zannahdoll
    zannahdoll

One of my cousins, when she was 3 years old, was given a toy. It was a little cutesy looking dinosaur made for toddlers that you pull by a string. She screamed when she saw it.

scary toy dino

Similarly I bought a crawling mini-mouse toy for my god-daughter. She was nearly one-year-old. She cried and screamed. However other children love the mini-mouse on first sight.

Scary Mini

When my god-daughter turned 3 I gave her this game called Elefun for her birthday - it is a plastic baby elephant with a nose that spurts out butterflies and children try to catch the butterflies with little nets before they fall to the ground. My mother said it would be a great gift because she has seen a few children receive this and play with it right away: it is a hit. I get her the game at a party for her and again: she is a scardey cat and freaks. Other children her age and a little older love it and start to play. This didn't change her desire to play, even after seeing it was harmless and the children were laughing and enjoying it she continued to stay away.

Here is the scary Elefun

Thankfully she isn't scared of everything and she loved a furry rocking horse I gave her that she can ride and plays music when you press it's ear.

Similarly one of my girl friends has toddlers who will not eat anything but pizza, french fries, and a few other items... I'm sure (at least I hope) her boys grow in their tastes, however another girl friend of mine also has toddlers and her boys will eat anything. My cousin that I mentioned earlier said when she was 5 years old her favorite foods were salad and steak. Now some of this is because of what they are exposed to (nurture) and some tastes are inherited (nature) --- but even then... some of this doesn't make sense: especially when the differences are in siblings.

Twin studies are fascinating to me because they do tend to have similar tastes and lead similar lifestyles... maybe it is nothing more then nature and nurture... and on the other hand: why be scared of a cute toy dino? because it is green? or of a toy baby elephant in a soothing blue with little floating butterflies? Do those instincts come from our caveman ancestors? Was it fight of flight against small blue animals?

I may like to hear you sing if you have a good voice... for music there are songs or genres of music the more I listened the more I appreciated them... adversely there have been songs I have grown tired of if I hear them too much. I used to always have the radio on in my car. Sometimes, as of this last year or two, I find that I prefer to drive in silence.

If everyone likes something because everyone else likes it then how do the fads get started? If things are popular who made them popular? Why would the person who first enjoyed a song or fashion or art enjoy it? Why do people create and compose songs and paint pictures and tell stories? What makes some things take off and other flop?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit