Memorial talk wt escape clause

by prologos 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

" --only those in the kingdom covenant were served the bread & wine by Jesus--" ---false! This phrase switches from the forgiveness of sin part to the exclusive anointed club section of the memorial talk, and it is false because: the kingdom covenant was done AFTER the passover was done. and the promise of thrones and judging israel in Math 19:28 was not a covenant but an assurance. and: Both promesse of rulership were understood by Jesus and the listeners to be for an earthly recreation of a jewish state, hence the question in Acts 1: 6,7 " -- restoring the kingdom to ISRAEL at this time--" "-- not times--" Jesus is not denying that he was talking about an Israeli kingdom.-- John to those getting tired of waiting: Rev. 22:20 " --Yes I am coming quickly--" soon,--- now waiting for 1919 years. fact is:

All Christians are in the new covenant, all should partake, Jesus served the emblems to followers with an earthly hope, even of an earthly kingdom. earthly partakers.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I noticed in the talk and in one sister comments referring back to the annual meeting, there us great concern the number of partakers is increasing. Concerned they are going to look like fools I think.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I've been in halls where real witnesses partook, but the elders decided not to count it, because they thought the person was too young (40!) or too crazy. So, I wonder how many are ACTUALLY partaking.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The G.B.use deception and theocratic warfare ( lies ) all the time , so why should we be surprised if they fudge the numbers of how many partakers their are.

This years numbers should be very interesting if they have the guts to accurately report them .

smiddy

• New day
    New day
    If it is going to be an earthly kingdom with earthly rulers, what happens to the 144,000 who are depicted in Rev. as being in heaven "before the throne"? And for that matter, the great crowd, as they are all "before the throne" as well?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What about Rev 5:9_10 where it says that it's the great crowd that will reign on the earth as priests.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    New day I haven't studied the symbolic 144,000 deeply, but from reading revelation, it sounds like they are Jews. I do believe that people go to heaven to be with Jesus, and someday, ultimately they will live on earth again. It says 'the tent of God will be with them'. I don't speculate on what exactly this means, but it is part of most Christian theologies that the righteous will eventually live on earth...which I only learned after going to church for a while. Personally I don't think much about the afterlife, I try to live life right now.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

@New day - The explanation they use for this I believe is that "before the throne" can also mean "in the sight of" so the throne is in heaven but they can see the great crowd on the earth.

George

• fukitol
    fukitol

The 'great crowd' is a parallel with all the Israelites who escaped Egypt through the Red Sea.

The 144k is a parallel of the priestly or honorific class, the Levitical class, that was a subset of the escaping great crowd.

In other words, the 'great crowd' is all Christians. The 144k is a smaller group of privileged Christians with the role of sitting on thrones.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ fukitol

If you examine the original Greek - in virtually every instance where the RNWT speaks of "thrones" - you will discover that "thrones" don't exist!!!

Can you point to a single scripture which refers to 144,000 thrones?

Only Mathew 19:28 specifically states how many thrones there will be, and exactly who will sit on them - there are only 12 of them, not 144,000!

(http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rev&c=5&t=KJV)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit