Explanation for the generation in Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30 and Luke 21:32

by alice.in.wonderland 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Another WT LIE:

They said thatJesus arrived in Kingdumb power in 1914, and the signs prove this.

The scripture says "When you see these things know he is near at the doors." It does not say he has arrived it says he is near.

Yet they claimed that "The world has ended. (Invisibly) The Golden AGe has begun (The millennium)

Millions now living will never die. This is a fact, investigate."

HB

That is why they started to publish the Golden Age magazine. It was to show how the improvements in modern living were a proof that the benefits of Christs rule were now affecting mankind.

Of course thE AVERAGE jw WILL BREATHE SMOKE IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN EYES TO DISCOUNT THIS.

But it is there. They said he had already come in 1914 (invisibly) inspite of what the scripture abopve says.

Of course now they deny they ever said it - See the "Proclaimers book p. 136 "The Bible Students realised that Christ did not return (even invisibly) to the vicinity of the earth in 1914."

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OH come on asilent!!

MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES? Give me evidence of even ONE please.

JW

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The explanation for the generation in Matthew 24:34 is a pointless waste of time.

However Alice has managed infuse life into this otherwise boring topic with her worldly avatar and engaging banter.

I hope she stays and keeps us on our toes.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

the witnesses are the only religion i know of that interprets being repeatedly WRONG as proof of their being RIGHT.

and changing their minds as proof of being led by god.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"So Troll-face.....I mean 'Alice'.....you haven't answer my question: Why does someone who claims that the WTS is 'the Truth' and who view cigarettes and crosses as being disfellowshipping offenses, have a picture of a woman holding a cigarette and a cross in her avatar?"

It's the...

I could have put her picture down as an icon all dressed up in red...

That's not creative.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

hamsterbait said, "Another WT LIE:

They said thatJesus arrived in Kingdumb power in 1914, and the signs prove this.

The scripture says "When you see these things know he is near at the doors." It does not say he has arrived it says he is near.

Yet they claimed that "The world has ended. (Invisibly) The Golden AGe has begun (The millennium)

Millions now living will never die. This is a fact, investigate."

HB

That is why they started to publish the Golden Age magazine. It was to show how the improvements in modern living were a proof that the benefits of Christs rule were now affecting mankind.

Of course thE AVERAGE jw WILL BREATHE SMOKE IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN EYES TO DISCOUNT THIS.

But it is there. They said he had already come in 1914 (invisibly) inspite of what the scripture abopve says.

Of course now they deny they ever said it - See the "Proclaimers book p. 136 "The Bible Students realised that Christ did not return (even invisibly) to the vicinity of the earth in 1914."

HB"

How does what you claim is a “WT LIE” logically work out in your mind? What is an alternate scenario aside than what's clearly explained in the Bible?

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. Matthew 6:9-10

A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw. Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near. Revelation 1:1-3

The writing of Revelation was completed in 96 C.E. after Jesus died and was resurrected, so the things that must shortly take place points to a future date.

And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.” Revelation 12:7-12

Jesus seizing Kingdom power in 1914 results in the permanent displacement of Satan and his angels from heaven. The signs that follow indicate that Satan's full attention is upon the earth and God's will is near to take place upon the earth also. Jesus' arrival in Kingdom power in heaven resulted in war. According to the Bible, Jesus' arrival in Kingdom power on earth will also result in war.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

This is what Thomas Jefferson thought of Revelation:

Thomas Jefferson omitted it along with most of the Biblical canon, from the Jefferson Bible, and wrote that at one time, he considered it as "merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."

See, you can be a good American and not believe the Bible. Doesn't that make you happy?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Thomas Jefferson was a deist.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

You say deist and I say theist. Deist, theist, atheist!

Let's call the whole thing off.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How does what you typed after you quoted my post connect in any way with my CLEAR STATEMENT of what was printed by the WTBTS, and how it flies in the face of the scripture I quoted immediately after it.

?

The perrennial problem with all JWs is the claim that the Bible clearly states what they have decreed.

(Subject to change of course)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit