If you want to see Episode 1 of the new XJW documentary, "Belief," here are links

by AndersonsInfo 37 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

Oh my Denial - you can watch that and say this "go buy a cd or get an ounce of creativity."?

• Denial
    Denial

quote: "passion"

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Excellent video!!! I'm sorry I missed the initial showing, but I would like to make it for Part 2. How will we stay informed of your next showing?

• augustOne
    augustOne

to leavingwt

Thank you! It was fun using music I have loved for so long in something that means so much to me. I'm anxious to release more episodes and hope people enjoy them!

~ Mani

• augustOne
    augustOne

to Denial

I don't listen to the radio. I guess since music is so personal to me the radio never appealed to me (you know, someone choosing for me what to listen to) - maybe it was growing up so controlled... Buying records, 8 tracks, tapes, and CDs, and now downloading music has always been preferable. I was glad to have just bought the remastered Beatles CDs to use in Episode 1.

If you know any musicians you can point my way - or have any creative ideas of your own you'd like to share - I always welcome it.

~ Mani

• augustOne
    augustOne

to WalkTall

There are people I am very close to in the same situation you are in. I was there myself before I was in a position to leave and have the freedom I have now - and remember it very well! Maintaing sanity when you're in that position can seem impossible - but I truly believe we all have a "sacred ground" within us that can help us get through seemingly impossible things. Have you ever watched Viktor Frankl videos on Youtube? If not, I highly recommend it. For me it has always been a reminder that people survived much worse and came out healthy.

Yes, the pressure that social situations put on all of us can be incredibly powerful - it is very fascinating to me. The most fascinating part is that if asked, most of us will deny that we would be affected by social pressure - when years of research shows we are very succeptible to it. There are always exceptions - but they are just that - exceptions. Have you ever heard of the Asch conformity experiements? There is a lot of information online - and videos also - amazing what people did becasue of socail pressure.

I'm very glad I have the opportunity to receive an education now - and learn the things I am. It is an opportunity I wish everyone could have - but know cannot happen. That is why I'm doing this project - and trying to present it in a way that appeals to the most people while incorporating real research that can help to understand and heal.

Yes I used to watch Bill Maher a lot (I have less time with school right now). It would be great to have a wider audience. Since I'm not trying to make money off this project I don't know if anyone big in the media or news world would ever want to pick it up - but I have been encouraged to try and reach out by others also. Maybe there would be a way to make it work...thanks for the idea and for your support!

~ Mani

• augustOne
    augustOne

to Invetigator74

Thank you! I have information on this site for now:

www.vimeo.com/groups/belief

Also, thanks to the generosity of Randy Waters at freeminds.org I'll be releasing a new website for the documentary very soon:

http://beliefdocumentary.com/

I'll announce on here when it is ready.

~ Mani

• augustOne
    augustOne

to EVERYONE

I am very happy to announce the launch of beliefdocumentary.com

Please visit for more information about the film. I will be building it up more and more over the next few days...stay tuned!

~ Mani

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit