Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-22-10 WT Study (SPEECH)

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Blondie! It's great to see your WT comments again. I peeked in this board every once in a while and couldn't find WT comments from anyone so I thought it wasn't being done anymore. I have always enjoyed them from you and V. Of course, I have been away from this board for a long time (working on my business) but I am sooooo glad I left (faded) the WT organization when I did in 2005. I have had all these years since then to reflect on the attitudes, teachings, treatment of the people in the org. and it's just wrong, wrong, wrong. It's amazing how just a few people up there in Bethel can have such a damaging affect on the attitudes of millions of people and the "flock" don't even realize it. But once you leave the org. the blinders come off and you think to yourself, "how in the world did I believe and put up with all this nonsense?"

Sorry all for the blank page I sent before this one...in my eagerness to post something, I pushed the submit button before I wrote anything....:)

Thank you for your comments, I totally agree with them, and now that I know they will be here I will visit more often.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby asked me to finish marking this article for him this morning. As a consequence, I am inspired to respond, even if indirectly. The pastor of my church made some pithy comments about the justified anger of the "world" towards the church. When we close ourselves away from the world, refusing to interact or understand, failing to be there in times of trouble, why are we surprised that no-one wants to listen?

My own church is prone to shut itself away. The Kingdom hall is only worse.

I saw, too, the pointed instructions to the elders to watch their language to each other and to headquarters. I bet there are some delightfully frank letters hidden in their vaults.

I spent years learning to manage my emotions in a healthy way. My anger is a signal that something is not right. The way to peace is to find the root cause and confront the issue head-on, even if it means short term conflict. The society can't have that, though. In a nearly perfect society, there are no issues, right? So it's suppress all the way, and prayer if the lid won't stay down.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the same crap I have heard numerous times. And, so what if the person is intent on ruining your life, molesting your children, making false promises, or even setting you up with a same-sex, underage relative of theirs? You are supposed to make peace? I can only imagine doing that with the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer--giving him another chance to fully censor everything I do, force me to pio-sneer, go back to being sick because of holiday scenes and music on the radio, and doing whatever to keep the opposite sex away from me (even if it means setting me up with his nephews to do that). Needless to say, I am NOT going to make peace with that scumbag--why give him another chance to finish ruining my life?

Also, I like how they start with a stock example at the beginning of the article. Notice that there are no details about what the incident was about--was the householder rudely awoken after having worked all night? Was the article even telling a real story, or was it made up or embellished? There is no way to cross-reference anything to verify the accuracy of these accounts. Bear in mind that, on such flimsy evidence, they expect you to stake your life on the accuracy of their articles.

• booby
    booby

I know that I have already commented on this, but WTWizard, I agree and I do not believe there is anything to suggest that can be a true story. It is worse than one of their goofy dramas where they bring a first century scene into the modern day world. This is as bad as the story from a few months back (June 15 th tower) that has an elder swimming out into the ocean who doesn't have the sense to know not to swim out beyond what is safe and sees a shark. Ohhh! what a lesson he learned and was able to pass on to all those who couldn't dream of a holiday to an exotic location about the dangers of straying off into the dark waters, err I guess actually the world

WHILE on vacation, Joe and his wife were snorkeling on a tropical coral reef teeming with fish of all colors and sizes. They swam a little farther out to admire the reef below. When the seabed dropped away into a blue abyss, Joe's wife said, "I think we're going out too far." "Relax," Joe replied. "I knowwhat I'm doing." Joe recalls wondering soon thereafter, 'Where have all the fish gone?' With horror, he saw the reason. Out of the deep blue, a sharkwas heading straight for him. There he was, completely at itsmercy. When the sharkwas just a fewfeet away, it veered off and disappeared. 2 A Christian can become so enamored with the attractions of Satan's system of things-entertainment, work, possessions- that he does not realize that he is getting deeper into dangerouswaters. "Myexperience made me think about the company we keep," says Joe, who is a Christian elder. "Swim where it's safe and enjoyable-in the congregation!" Donot swim into deepwater, where you may find yourself spiritually isolated and in peril. If ever you find yourself there, immediately head back to 'safe water.' Otherwise, you might run the risk of being devoured spiritually.

Both of these are so obviously make up stories. It wouldn't be so bad if the presented them as illustrations but rather they just lie with a straight face.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I liked Q22. "Challenges to our joy and unity are likely to increase "AS THIS PRESENT ANGRY SYSTEM DRAWS TO AN END." What a laugh.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have just listened to this whole study on the telephone

I think Fokyc deserves a medal..or a stiff drink for that feat of endurance !

For me, the first requirement of "gracious speech" is that it be TRUE. I would sooner read a blunt riposte from somebody on here, if it had a ring of truth - than all the wonderful words at the K Hall that are based on falsehood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit