What did you really want to be?

by serenitynow! 22 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'm trying to impress upon my sister the damage this cult has inflicted on our lives. It really affected the decisions I made. I'm a nurse but I never really wanted to be one. When I was a kid I wanted to be an attorney. I realized early on that that level of education would take me away from the ministry, since that was why I thought the wt discouraged education. I also had no financial or emotional support from family for that. After years on the TMS and actually enjoying public speaking, I wanted to be an anchorwoman. But I felt like I might have to compromise my "bible trained conscience" as soon as I had to say something about the holidays, or report on a story about "Father O'Henry" or something. That's why I want my nephew to learn "the truth" now so that he feels free to pursue whatever path he wants. What did you really want to be?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Cartoonist or comic book artist. Guitar player in a band or record producer. I also recall being very interested in archaeology as a child.

I can remember my JW mom saying, "But wouldn't it bother you to play music in a bar?" and my replying, "No, I don't think it would."

• beksbks
    beksbks

I wanted to own a bookstore. With a cat and plants. Maybe some homemade muffins and tea............................

This was before I learned about Barnes and Noble and Borders.

• asilentone
    asilentone

NBA player. I will never know if I can get that far because my parents would not let me play basketball in high school. I was a very talented basketball player.

If I do not make it in the NBA, I would be very interested to work for the marketing company after getting a degree in marketing. I told my Dad about it and he does not think it is a good idea.

I have no interest in going to school now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wanted to be a fireman, because they get a lot of time off and they get paid to sleep.

I almost became a fireman but I was the wrong color so they offered me a job to be a cop.

Now I work in a jail and I dont get paid to sleep but I get paid to read on midnights.

If I got an education I probably would have become a fireman no matter what color I was and

then I might have beocme a school teacher. I'd have to weigh it out, get paid to sleep or get the summer off.

If you only live once why waste all your time working?

• asilentone
    asilentone

"If you only live once why waste all your time working?"

Interesting thought!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I wanted to be a chef but we had Friday meeting nights, and as Fridays are one of the busiest nights of the week in the hospitality industry, there would be a conflict of schedules. At the time I lived in a country town and there was only one congregation for the town. So I had to ignore my dream to be a chef.

I still like cooking but I don’t have the aspirations to be a chef anymore. I wish I could have gone on to university and got a proper education in something that I could have a career in.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Caesar!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Gladiator

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

What I wanted to be was a test pilot. Sadly of course you need extensive schooling for that also the best route to take to be a pilot is...To be in the military.

Now what I could've been was a 2 sport star in college (baseball and football.) But of course thanks to that damn school and JW brochure it impress the dangers of extra curicular activities and how they take away time from Jehoover...GTFOH!

Time for a rant: How is it any damn thing that you may enjoy AND be good at if its not sanctioned by the WT$ takes away time from jehoover?!? Really if he is this almighty creator (the creator of freeking time itself) how can he be so worried about some creatures spending a lil time in activities that they enjoy and refresh their spirits? Once again GTFOH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit