Overheard interesting lunch room converstation..............

by WingCommander 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

As I just finished up my lunch, I thought I would relate this experience to you all.

I was sitting in the lunch room here at work and 2 ladies were talking. What were they talking about? Why, about what they needed to do in order to help each other's church charities work together. See, one of the ladies congregations helps young single mothers with children. The other ladies congregation helps with collecting and distributing clothing to those less fortunate. The result? Two churches coming together to help those less fortunate than themselves. They were sharing ideas and coming up with new ones.

As I sat there eating my lunch and eavesdropping on their conversation (ok, not really eavesdropping since they weren't whispering or anything) I instantly had a realization that this converstation would NEVER take place in the JW FantasyLand of Judgementalism. NEVER.

Think about it, would a JW sit there and try to talk with a "worldy" person of Babylon the Great about charity to a young, single mother? Hell no!!!! Instead, I imagined if these 2 ladies were JW's how they'd be sitting there belittling the young un-wed mother about what for a slut she is, how she fornicated out of marriage, talking crap about the father, discussing details of their disfellowshipment, and about how they DESERVE to be shunned and left alone in the world - kicked out on their asses for their youthful misdeeds, destined to be destroyed at the impending Armaggedon, because it's sooooooo close now!!! Probably stating how proud they were for shunning the DF'd mother when they saw her at the Dollar General Store. Yeah, I can totally see JW's acting and speaking in such a manner. Can you?

I thought about how this is such a stark contrast to how Jesus would have behaved and what He would have done. Would Jesus have stoned them to death, as the JW's would do if they could, or would He have extended His hand in help? I think most on here know the answer, and I find it amazing the JW's would be completely blind to the correct answer. The JW's only look out for themselves, and even then if you are in the right click and "good association." If you are poor, single mother or have an unbelieving mate - forget it!! You are on your own. And charity? Why, charity to JW's is all about giving money to the Governing Body and getting nothing in return except more talks filled with guilt about not doing enough and never being good enough.

The Governing Body says, "The beatings will continue until moral improves!"

- Wing Commander

• JeffT
    JeffT

One of the real eye-openers to me was the contrast between what JW's say about the churches and what many of them actually do. To hear JW's tell it Christendom is split apart and fighting over differences. In reality the differences are small and frequently ignored. I've been to a number of events sponsored by multiple churches that come together for common purposes.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

sad but true.

Witnesses always feel better by putting others down. God forbid you try to help those more unfortunate than yourself.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Can't tell you how many times being out in field service and seeing Church groups doing things for the community, and thinking to myself how little I'm doing for society by peddling magazines.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

You'd never see the JW doing a car wash to help raise money for a single mother with an ill child or spouse. Well, I never have.

• cult classic
    cult classic

"Why, charity to JW's is all about giving money to the Governing Body and getting nothing in return except more talks filled with guilt about not doing enough and never being good enough." WC

I always thought (because I was raised to think so) that I was doing the highest good to my community by being active in the JW ministry. I was so disappointed that I had been involved for so long in a self serving ministry and not in one that really helps others. There are so many good groups out there that help people NOW.

So true JeffT

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The whole concept of a new world is what cultivated this mentality in JWs. They felt no compulsion to help their fellow in man in any substantial way, because god would deal with it in due time. It was their "get out of jail free card" to avoid doing anything charitable.

• Dagney
    Dagney

People generally follow their leaders, and the WTBS corporation does not care one bit about their own followers, let alone those outside. They have taught the flock well to disconnect with humanity. And the flock has responded outstandingly with their ability to shut off affection and kick a person to the curb in a NY minute.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Yes Iam grateful that many in the congregation do not shun me. Yesterday I met an elder and his wife and mentiond a Watchtower article to came

that says "The churces of Christdom have built hospitals and fed the poor......but Jesus will say I never new you to them because they didnt support the ministry" Thats quoted from memory. But this elder and his wife were aware of this comming article and supported it with the answer the churches dont belive we are living in the last days. I explained most of churches do think we are living in the last days., just not the Witnesses ever changing interpretation of the last days. I was amazed at these poor indoctrinated people-

Acolytes

• chickpea
    chickpea

i was a thrift store junkie long before
    i drank the k00l-aid so i was unimpressed
    and probably a little pissy when one of
    the uber-righteous sisduhs pointed out
    that the thrift shop in my community was
    "RUN BY CHURCHES"*

oh.the.horror.

needless to say, i still shop there
    and no longer associate with said
    sisduh

*funds distributed to: public library, domestic crisis shelter,
    free-clinic, school lunch program, humane association...
    those bad @ss mofo churches and their charity ruse!!!

OH and i guess the JWs cant use the library or free
    clinic now since the debbil supports them... AS IF!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit