by Gregor 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

(waves to Ann...)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sir 82 -

#2 for a gnat.

Substitute other things for the gnat and it becomes a 1 or a 3.

Yeah, for me a housefly turns it into a # 1.

but what else would you treat as a #3?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've actually had that happen and I cannot drink it. It's a waste of good liquor but I have to toss it. Any flying insect falling in a liquid is too much. If it got on solid food, and I could just scoop that area out it would be ok.

I thought this thread was going to be about really gross stuff. I've seen decapitations and been ok to eat right after. I ate a sandwich in the autopsy room before; grossed everyone else out but I was all right.

Bugs freak me out though.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'm not squeamish at all. I used to be a Firefighter/EMT for 5 years, saw pretty much everything you can think of concerning death.

• Humanist
    Humanist

I'd go for 2, ignore the gnat!

We were in the garden a few nights ago and my neighbour suddenly started retching. She'd taken a swig of her wine unaware that there was a slug in it! Luckily she didn't swallow it! We were all queasy after that!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

A slug! I would just die!

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Doesn't this remind anyone of that JW joke that's made the rounds?

A Bethelite, a pioneer and a publisher walk into a bar and order a beer.

The publisher looks at his beer and says, Bartender! There's a fly in my beer! Bring me another!

The pioneer looks at his beer, fishes out the fly, shakes off the excess and drinks his beer.

And the Bethelite grabs the fly by the neck and says, Spit it Out! Spit it Out!

(sigh. oh what passed for humor in the good old days. ;) )

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, for me a housefly turns it into a # 1.

but what else would you treat as a #3?

Hmm, good question.

Now that I think about it, anything smaller than a gnat I probably wouldn't notice anyway.

OK, 1 or 2 only then.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

GG I'd never heard that before, it's funny! I did not realize bethelites drank until my cousin came home from bethel and offered to mix me a drink. I asked where he learned to make drinks, he told me that's what they do in bethel. Said his roommate had a closet-ful of top shelf booze.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

@serenitynow - yep - they make beer at Bethel now. It's called ..."Bethel Lite"

(ok, now I'm scaring myself at how quickly these are coming back to me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit