What do you wrap Corn Tortillas with?

by asilentone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Fresh and hot from a rundown little Mexican tortilleria. MMMM.

Corn tortillas are far superior to flour ones. These are the real tortillas.

Cilantro, and some kind of meat (carnitas (pork), barbacoa (Mexican barbecue) and lengua (tongue) are my faves), pico de gallo, and squeeze a little lime on it. Delish.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

Years ago when we lived in Santa Barbara we would take an empty saucepan down to the La Tolteca tortilla plant on Sunday mornings when they had a huge kettle of Menudo. Fresh, warm corn torts and the best Menudo you ever tasted. MMMMMM.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Gregor,

BTS

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to tacos ...

Some carnitas, barbacoa, shredded meat or whatever is available. Heat a frying pan or grill pan over medium heat. Put a corn tortilla in the pan, give it about 60 seconds on each side. Your house will smell sooooo good. Keep them warm in another pan (or tortilla pan). Stack them on top of each other to keep them nice and hot.

When you have enough, take them to the table and fill them with the meat. Add a little onion, cilantro, lime and hot sauce. THAT'S IT. Eat and enjoy.

Depending on the part of Mexico I was in, I have had them with a radish cut in half, jalepenos (canned) and carrots (from a can, mixed with the jalepenos and onions).

Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, etc. are Americanized Taco Bell versions, not close to authentic.

Enjoy them with a Tecate or Corona beer.

Rub a Dub

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I prefer to use my corn tortillas to wrap something with..

• asilentone
    asilentone

with what??????

• asilentone
    asilentone

you are so bad.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You can make a baddass enchilada casserole with torn up pieces of corn torts, chopped chicken breast, a can of cream of chicken soup and a small can of chopped jalapenos. Mix together, top with shredded cheese and some black olives. Put in 350 oven till cheese is melted. Pour warmed enchilada sauce on it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Quirky1, that means you have done it before?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

chocolate, pecans, ice cream and a dash of chili pepper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit