Does Islam disfellowship? What happens when a Muslim wants to leave?

by journey-on 36 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

leavingwt,

I was just reading that story on another site!

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/08/saudi-court-considering-severing-spine-of-defendant.html#comments

here is an interesting comment to the article.

The Hebrew Bible does not say "an eye for an eye."

If it had been written that way in Hebrew it would have said "Eyeen l'eyeen." Instead it uses an idiom that has long been forgotten: It says an "eye (before, beneath) an eye": literally it says "eyeen tachat eyeen."

Since this part of the Bible used to be memorized, there were no wasted words. The extra words meant something to those who recited it. Those who think this is the same code of Hammurabi are mistaken. Rabbis interpreted this idiom to mean "the value of an eye for an eye."

It is the foundation for modern tort law.

Those who think it was ripped from the code of Hammurabi are mistaken. The fact that Judaism had this concept documented centuries before Islam existed, and the fact that they resumed this barbaric practice speaks volumes about Islamic scholarship and justice.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That was such a terrible thing that guy killing his daughters....

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I heard that since Obama's father was a muslim, Islam considers Obama a muslim by their law even though his mother was supposedly a Christian. According to them, there is no half-way, the father overrides it. Maybe this explains some of Obama's behavior.

LOL!!!! FOX/Graham. Do you ever bother to fact check?? First of all, "I heard" that Islam is not a race, so does not pass through a parent like Judaism. Even if that is bunk, there is the fact that his father renounced Islam before he was born. The guy was an atheist. Ohhhhhh I'm sure that's even worse!!!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

As usual, Beks has her head in one of her orifices.

• beksbks
    beksbks

How about some real discussion, not just simple insult?

PS Dad, you are aware that a Saudi Muslim is part owner in FOX NEWS, aren't you?

• wasblind
    wasblind

jouney-on, stop with the hearsay and prove this,

also prove that his father did not renounce islam,

otherwise you could be percieved as a Gossip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit