Does Islam disfellowship? What happens when a Muslim wants to leave?

by journey-on 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

WHOA JEFF T... good find!

-Sab

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It seems like in any religion, it is usually the hardliners that win; Islam is the current example of the idea. Hardliners do what they need to, with no respect for small inconveniences like ethics, think JW's, or laws, think radical Islam.

What will stem the tide of violent Islam? I don't know, but I suspect civil wars everywhere Islam becomes the majority religion, including eventually the US.

There is an inherent conflict even with 'moderate' Islam and the American right to free speech; in America, you can say fuck Jesus, or whatever; you may not say, fuck the prophet without threat of death

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

From the Hadith:

"Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17

BTS

• journey-on
    journey-on

I heard that since Obama's father was a muslim, Islam considers Obama a muslim by their law even though his mother was supposedly a Christian. According to them, there is no half-way, the father overrides it. Maybe this explains some of Obama's behavior.

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Most countries where islam is the dominant religion do not accept conversion from islam to any other faith. Usually, persecution follows conversion (loss of employment, police harassment, family disowns convert).

I live in a "moderately" islamic country, so I know.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Most countries where islam is the dominant religion do not accept conversion from islam to any other faith. Usually, persecution follows conversion (loss of employment, police harassment, family disowns convert).
    I live in a "moderately" islamic country, so I know.

Is this activity a "perversion" of Islam, something not taught in the Koran?

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Islam is built on the koran and the hadiths (or teachings of the Prophet). Interpretation is quite elastic, especially of the second. Although islam teaches tolerance towards "people of the book [scriptures]" - meaning those practising Christianity and Judaism, that does not extend to proselytism.

In whatever form it is read, islam has used cohesion (including the threat of death) from the start to keep believers in check. If many muslims had the choice, they would stop practising. Where I live, the young generation has all but abandoned the faith but keeps to tradition (major observances). Prayers are still called five times a day (that too is tradition). In truth though, most do not care.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Saudi Judge Considers Paralysis Punishment

A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals in the country whether they could damage a man's spinal cord as punishment after he was convicted of attacking another man with a cleaver and paralyzing him, the brother of the victim said Thursday.

Abdul-Aziz al-Mutairi, 22, was left paralyzed and subsequently lost a foot after a fight more than two years ago. He asked a judge in northwestern Tabuk province to impose an equivalent punishment on his attacker under Islamic law, his brother Khaled al-Mutairi told The Associated Press by telephone from there.

. . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38770348/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

As with any religion, there are "fundamentalist extremists." In a book about muslim life, called Infidel by Aayan Hirsi Ali, the author's life was in danger because the fundamentalists considered her an "infidel" or "apostate" for leaving the muslim religion. Because she worked for the government after fleeing her homeland, she had security guards all over her and she finally had to leave the country, when her associate who helped her produce a documentary was murdered for speaking out against extreme religious practices. She was smuggled to the US, where she wrote another book, which I have on my list of "must reads" called Nomad. Anyone read it?

As a child of five, she was excised (female circumcision). She writes about what she remembers of the experience --- Shocking! People need to be educated about the extremism that religion so clearly enables. We certainly do not need sharia law in our country. Yet, she indicates that even in so-called free countries, excision is still practiced --- on kitchen tables in some extreme muslim households. It seems these ones leave their homeland, but bring all their practices and beliefs with them to their new land.

So, to answer your question, "does Islam disfellowship?" ... Extreme Islamists commit murder in the name of Mohammad. They call it "honor killing."

Love,

ESTEE

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think the difference between muslims and Jws is that jws want god or angels to do the dirty work of execution while they watch. The muslims feel that god has appointed them to do the execution. Alot of other christian religions just want people endlessly tortured but out of sight.

there's alot of different methods for getting rid of the other guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit