I like being shunned - how about you?

by THE GLADIATOR 43 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Disagree with the premise though. Being shunned for being a sloth or emotional drain or con-man or thief or murderer makes some kind of social sense; being shunned for religious beliefs is unnatural and feels wrong. Can never like it

That's true.

It took me finding out they were a cult before I realized that shunning a person because they no longer hold the same religious beliefs as you was abnormal. And it's funny when I watch some TV show like 48 hours, and some criminal who's been convicted of some awful crime will still have family and/or friends who will stick by him and love him. Yet if I reject a religion, all of the sudden I'm a person not fit to speak to. I think your average JW is so indoctrinated into the cult that they cannot understand the absurdity of rejecting a loved one just because they no longer want to be a JW.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Shunning? Love it! It comes with a particular sense of prestige, knowing that people take notice of you. Not that they care for you in any way, mind you.

For me, it means I don't have unnecessary contact with idiots who were at one time, deemed to have been 'friends' and members of the same church group.

If I choose to have any interaction with them (which is seldom, and often unpleasant for them) it is done on my terms.

In any case, I can barely recall many of the former jws in my old 'congo' and I don't know, and do not wish to know, any of the 'new' ones who have 'come in' over the intervening years since my departure to the dark side. They might shun me too. But I wouldn't know the difference between them and any other ignorant arsehole.

Cheeses. The loving one.

• Violia
    Violia

I have only a few family left and so it is very painful. I had a few close friends in the org. and it has been painful to not be with them. I have not being told of the death of once close friends . It cuts straight to the heart. However, nothing could make me walk back in a KH again ( except funerals I have been asked to attend) . It hurts as bad as it can hurt, but I just cannot listen to JW drivel anymore. I can't go back, I do not have the stomach of it any longer.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

My kids are in and...... have shunned me for yrs.

It was easy for me to leave cause I didn't do anything wrong.......just 1 day everyone was gone and I was Bad.

I do enjoy bumping in to the Clan when they are out in service...

I must admit being Shunned can make you feel POWERFUL. Especially when in public when they are dressed to kill and you say Hi and are ignored.... then you can come back with.....

you know Me!!! but I'm unworthy of saving????

Hyporcrites.... that's what you all are!!!

You will find Friends that love you for who you are......not what you believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit