I like being shunned - how about you?

by THE GLADIATOR 43 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Have a wonderful day

You too Hadit.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    To survive as humans, we have to develop the ability to let go of the past, which includes people.

But the scenario you described wasn't the past, it was the present. Your dad had died and you got a torn line paper two sentence note... that would shake me up for a little bit, guess we are different.

-Sab

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

sabastious I buried my father a long time a ago - it just took him a while longer to die!

• sabastious
    sabastious

It just feels so inhuman for a person's relationship with their family to degrade to the point of considering them 'old clothes.' I am only a few months out from my shunning.

-Sab

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

sabastious

We all deal with these things in different ways. It took me a while to grow a suit of armour; I still have a soft centre.

You must let the process take its course and cope in a way that suits your disposition. I hope you find the strength to move on and make the most of what you have. At the end of the day we can only be who we are.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Amen! I was the family member that did the entertaining but was never really good enough for the zealots. I do not miss them drinking themselves silly, eating like they haven't seen food before, their kids running a muck and leaving just as clean up starts. I don't miss the gossiping about who is doing more in the congregation. I love being shunned! NMKA

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Amen! I was the family member that did the entertaining but was never really good enough for the zealots. I do not miss them drinking themselves silly, eating like they haven't seen food before, their kids running a muck and leaving just as clean up starts. I don't miss the gossiping about who is doing more in the congregation. I love being shunned! NMKA

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

I LOVE being shunned by the JWs and by my 2 thoroughly indoctrinated brothers, but NOT by my son..thank god he doesnt shun me outright! But, yeah, nothing worse for me than to be in the company of a freshly scrubbed Jeh WItNeSs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

So glad there are others who like being shunned.

To clarify. None wants to be shunned by their friends and family. But when it happens we have to accept reality and cope. We go through the stages of sadness, depression, emptiness and at last anger. After a while we find we have survived and we build a new life for ourselves. After some years have passed, you ask yourself this;

Would I go back to the way I was?

Do I want to be with these heartless, indoctrinated people who haven't the slightest idea of how to think for themselves?

Could I spend my Sunday morning plaguing the locals with my evangelistic teachings, then sit in a kingdom hall and listen to all that drive?

Do I want people who think in an indoctrinated way to approve of me?

Am I still able to share a group identity, and if I am would, it be with this group.

If you can answer, no to just half these questions then you don't belong with them. The fact that they make a point of avoiding you, makes it so much easier to see with clarity what needs to be done to make your life right for you. You now have a clean slate to work with.

It is a clear and definite break from a life that did not suit you then and would be an impossibility now. In time you will like being shunned. You may even insist on it.

• Twitch
    Twitch

S'alright by me. I don't have any blood relatives in other than the parents and I'm a fader from back in the day. We've come to terms with our relationship such as it is; the rest can kiss my a$$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit