Were You Good At Field Service?

by WalkTall 24 Replies latest jw friends

• seenitall
    seenitall

Back in the old days when we asked for the money it was easy to place them, especially mags for a nickel or books for a quarter. Then came the added price and then the donation arrangement - which no one uses anymore. I hated rvs, but studies were a dream with kids or challenged (mental) people. Once did an rv where we sat and watched a football game and drank beer (counted the time). The guy offered me grass! The good ole days.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Please tell me you smoked the GRASS!!!!!!!

That would of been the BEST SERVICE DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yah I was good, but it was my love of people that made it easy for me. I had a few successful bible studies that became dedicated but they eventually left long before I did. I was sincere and people felt it. I lost my love for the so called truth when my son died after needing a blood transfusion to save him after an auto accident. I saw people I had studied with or called on out in public and they were stunned I left the JW's.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Did anyone ever take bottles instead of cash for lit (when we sold it)? We did in michigan. It seems stupid now that I think about it. I remember if the person said they didn't have any money for the mags my mom asked if they had bottles.

After they started the donation only thing, I never asked for money from people. I remember a guy giving me $2 once. I think that was the only contribution I got. I was just giving the crap away.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Sadly, I was good at field service and at starting Bible studies. I was responsible for bringing several people to baptism and then they were joined (usually) by their families. I was a true believer, empathetic and helpful. But then when I needed someone in the congregation to reach out a hand and just be nice to me and my family, I got nothing but hot air.

I pray for those folks I (sincerely) deceived every day.

Pax,

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit