Were You Good At Field Service?

by WalkTall 24 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

WalkTall, it sounds like I could've written that post. I feel the same way.

White Dove, I too went through PI school and was still horrible at it.

When I finally confessed to my non-jw aunt that I wanted out, she said that she thinks somewhere deep inside, I've always known something wasn't right about this religion. I'm pretty sure that's why we were all so bad at it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was too good at placing the rags, but then I would be lazy in making return visits on those placements. (Yes, it is possible to be "too good"--I wanted zero placements, and there were times when I would place 2 or 3 sets of rags in quick succession.)

• chickpea
    chickpea

eh, i did ok... nothing stellar

no bible students that can recall
    altho there was one woman who
    was an informal "RV" that liked to
    hear things so she could think on
    them when she did her chores....
    so i sought her out every week to
    count the time! no dressing up req.!

never took literature, that one!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was brilliant with the scrips - really gob smacking brilliant - anointed you see....where did it get me? ...not a good place in the end...

Loz x

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

No- I am a salesperson by trade(a pretty decent one, knowledgable, personable) but I always sucked at the doors- my mind would freeze and I would have no recall. I smiled and was friendly but went into every door thinking they were gonna be mean and turn me down (and they did). I hated door to door, and I would get my guts into knots if anyone suggested parking lots or businesses! I had in the end a few RV's that I never asked for a Bible study, I would just talk about their lives & their kids, and say at the end....oh here the new magazines for you.

At the end when I thought it was all horse crap it was excruciating to go out in FS, I probably got about 6hrs a month- I lied about going out when I didn't, I pretended to knock, I did whatever I could to not spread the "truth". Luckily, I had a lazy saturday group- not too zealous...

CHG

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Nope sucked at it and was proud of it. I was a pioneer too, went to pioneer school and everything, still sucked at it. I've had 1, that's right 1 bible study in 18 years of being baptized. That study was handed to me too... he was mentally challenged... after 1 month I gave it to someone else.

• undercover
    undercover

I hated service...and was horrible at it.

I think now that somewhere in the inner recesses of my brain, something was telling me that is was all BS and it wouldn't allow me to try to sell it to outsiders.

I wish I had back every hour I spent in service...better yet, I wish I had back every hour that I reported that I was in service...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was not very conversational. I used to admire ones who would talk about anything then turn the conversation back onto the WTS information. I have known of ones who could talk for hours with a householder. I always was business-like in my contacts. Here is the information, they either take it or leave it. I was quick and to the point. This bothered me at times, but that is just me.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Never was good at service and could never start a bible study. Magazine placements have been non existant last few years.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I was good...placed sold lots of mags and books...but for all that, NEVER had one book study...funny thing is I'd starve to death as a salesman...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit