Is school back in session where you live?

by compound complex 18 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, back-to-school-community dwellers!

I just heard the high school bus rumble by. If I time my excursions on the road properly during the coming semesters, I will stay AHEAD of the school buses picking up/depositing kids throughout the day.

If a parent, are you really ready, once again, to start making lunches, going to soccer practice, volunteering in class?

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

School began on 8-9-10 down here.

I am a grandparent trying to raise a 12-year old female blister who thinks she know everything and has been everywhere.

She is trying out for the volleyball team and is bragging that she's a shoo-in.

I hope she makes it, but she sure could use a lesson in humility!

Little heifer!

Syl

• StAnn
    StAnn

Our district is in the midst of tearing down and rebuilding numerous buildings. Some of the elementary schools aren't going to be ready in August so the whole district is delaying it's start date to the Tuesday after Labor Day. That's how it should be, IMO. I think it's cruel to put a child in a stuffy classroom in August!

I homeschool but I'm starting school along with my district in September. However, I didn't finish up last year's school year until late July/first of August, so my boys have had a nice little break.

• blondie
    blondie

Starts September 1

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks!

CC

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Yes, classes started this week. Like CC, I must either pull out of the driveway on time or follow the school bus for several miles.

• yknot
    yknot

Public school starts next week.....

Private and most homeschoolers start back 1st or 2nd week of Sept

(meeting is over......see you guys when I get back home)

• White Dove
    White Dove

When did school start starting in August? It always used to be after that holiday in the first week of September.

Phoenix schools started last week.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My oldest son started his junior year on August 10th. My three younger children don't start until the 24th. My oldest is in a different school district than the younger three.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

CJ starts on Monday, and he is pissed! 5th grade tweenager.

craps, the shirts were too small so we exchanged them. We got him 4 good ones to replace them. Thanks. Love ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit