Please help me with two things:

by trebor 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

leavingwt Sylvia -- There are quite a few Fundamentalists among us who do proclaim certainty. It's as 'concrete' as concrete can be, for them.

As my pastor said to me the other month, there are those who are even more calvinistic that John Calvin

Predestination can be as much a theological minefield as the Trinity.

However, I think you will get to the place where you drop this hot potato as you seemingly have with the Trinity.

Understanding either fully are impossible. That said, getting an understanding of these topics is quite feasible.

Maybe I have pointed out this before? Predestination

Blessings,

Stephen

Blessings,

Stephen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I've made peace with not having them.

I think this is excellent. It will likely keep you free from the clutches of any high-control groups.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    However, I think you will get to the place where you drop this hot potato as you seemingly have with the Trinity.

Stephen -- You've dropped a few things. I've dropped most of them. You retain the ones that are useful and uplifting, most likely. None of them fit that description for me, so I dropped them.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I never accepted the Trinity or predestination.

Didn't work for me.

Syl

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Only a hard-hearted person could conceive of predestination.

Does your comment mean God is hard hearted?

I would counter with, "What God's Word says or what I want it to say?"

Syl

When you get your blood pressure under control we'll have it out. (On another thread.) Until then who's words are these:

Act 4:27

"For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When you get your blood pressure under control we'll have it out. (On another thread.) Until then who's words are these:

"For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.

LOL.

Thanks for being so solicitous of my health - I look forward to "having it out" with you!

I will say, today, that I believe God predestined acts that were/are to occur, and in some select cases, He also predestined which people would perform those acts. I DO NOT believe He predestined any people to a burning hell.

Or, am I wrong in my view of predestination?

Syl

Act 4:27

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

snowbird

Or, am I wrong in my view of predestination?

You tell me.

What does it mean to be a "vessel of wrath prepared for destruction"? (not my words) from Romans 9

• snowbird
    snowbird

I take it to mean there are some people who are irreformable and that God has no other choice but to destroy them.

I also believe only God knows when that point has been reached.

Syl

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

prepared for destruction

God wanted them to be born and he wanted them to burn for all eternity in Hell.

• snowbird
    snowbird

God wanted them to be born and he wanted them to burn for all eternity in Hell.

Tee hee hee.

I think we're going against the expressed purpose of Trebor's thread.

Hence, I will not comment further on predestination.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit