Please help me with two things:

by trebor 50 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

Please help me with two things:

From the Atheist, how do you explain feelings/emotions?

Additionally: Where do they originate? When did they come into existence during evolution? This is Inclusive of or impacting Love, kindness, tenderness, warmth, empathy, consideration, along with the bad ones.

From the Christian, how do you explain areas like China and/or India?

Additionally: Why is Christianity hardly known there? Why are the vast majority of people there not Christian? Is it fair of God/Christ to allow these people to live their lives without knowledge of them or their purpose due to where they live?

I hope I am phrasing this correctly, and please excuse my poor communication and questioning if not. From my own personal 'belief system' (Which I guess you can explain best as continuously transitioning), these are the two outstanding issues I have with both of these perspectives. I continue not to find satisfying answers to either viewpoint in conjunction with aforementioned questions and thoughts.

Please do not turn this into another type of argument (I.E. Whether God exist, why not 'insert religion/belief here' instead of Christianity); these are the viewpoints and questions I've been curious about without obtaining any satisfying answers, which for me makes the associated stance invalid.

Thank you in advance. I appreciate and look forward to answers from the respective parties or anyone else who may have an answer to these views without attacking either stance.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    From the Atheist, how do you explain feelings/emotions?

They oil the wheels of society, production, reproduction, raising families and tribes - in short, contribute towards survival of the fittest of the species.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Why would anybody who knows the truth of reincarnation and karma want any part of a Pharisee religion? If I was running things in an Eastern country I would throw Christians the hell out. There's a lot more truth in Hinduism and Buddhism, in fact in ANY eastern religion, than the kindergarten cosmology of Christianity. As a result, western man is incapable of metaphysical abstract thought and that's why he knows nothing but materialism and capitalism, greed and selfishness.

PS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Additionally: Why is Christianity hardly known there? Why are the vast majority of people there not Christian? Is it fair of God/Christ to allow these people to live their lives without knowledge of them or their purpose due to where they live?

Acts 16:9 -10 That night Paul had a dream: A Macedonian stood on the far shore and called across the sea, "Come over to Macedonia and help us!" The dream gave Paul his map. We went to work at once getting things ready to cross over to Macedonia. All the pieces had come together. We knew now for sure that God had called us to preach the good news to the Europeans. MSG

For His own reasons the Master wanted the gospel taken to Europe first.

Time has proven that He knew what He was doing.

Yes, it is fair of God to allow this to happen. His purpose is eventually to gather ALL things together in the Christ, reconciliation and restitution, if you will.

The above, of course, is simply my opinion.

Syl

• Chalam
    Chalam

The underground house church movement in China is probably the fastest growing part of the church in the world, start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_house_church

They have a vision to evangelise the areas which have yet to hear the gospel spreading back to the middle east, India included Back To Jerusalem

That said, there are already big things happening in India

Reinhard Bonnke, Sermon @ India, Kochi4

Make sure you watch this one in Africa!

Lagos,Reinhard Bonnke

Blessings,

Stephen

• trebor
    trebor

Quillsky: They oil the wheels of society, production, reproduction, raising families and tribes - in short, contribute towards survival of the fittest of the species.

Thank you for responding. So, you are explaning what emotions do, but how did they come about? Where/when did emotions first start? Do ameba and/or paramecium contain or exhibit these emotions?

Please do not take this as a challenge to yours or anyone else's beliefs. I am genuinely looking for sincere answers.

• designs
    designs

Poor Indians, from Hinduism to Western Christianity, there's a giant step backwards....although both believe in Hell so its not a big shift in that repsect

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Romans 9:13

Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED." 14 What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION." 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH." 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires. 19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?" 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? 21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? 22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,

• trebor
    trebor

snowbird: Time has proven that He knew what He was doing.

But WHY leave so many people in the dark for so many years respecting the grand promises of heaven and life's purpose due to geographical location? Why should one person be 'punished' so to speak because they were born in India/China when the 'preaching' has/had not been taking place as opposed to someone but into Christianity?

What makes a person born into a Christian home obviously easier to come across the teachings/beliefs of Christ as opposed to a person born into a Hindu or atheists home? What has a child done to be so worthy or unworthy of such (dis)favor?

Please do not take this as an attack. I'm trying to make sense of the viewpoint.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Do ameba and/or paramecium contain or exhibit these emotions?

Are you assuming that humans evolved from amoeba and similar organisms? If so, I can't comment. What I know to be true is that human emotion, human feeling, helps human society to exist and propagate.

A simple example - a man living 30000 or 3000 or 300 years ago who didn't feel and express the emotions necessary to find a sexual partner and contribute towards his community is unlikely to have descendents today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit