Please help me with two things:

by trebor 50 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

Chalam: The underground house church movement in China is probably the fastest growing part of the church in the world, start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_house_church

Per the link you sent it started after 1949. Please see my questions I followed up to respecting snowbird's response.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    But WHY leave so many people in the dark for so many years respecting the grand promises of heaven and life's purpose due to geographical location? Why should one person be 'punished' so to speak because they were born in India/China when the 'preaching' has/had not been taking place as opposed to someone but into Christianity?

No one is left in the dark; no one is being punished. Heaven is coming HERE according to Revelation 21 and 22.

What makes a person born into a Christian home obviously easier to come across the teachings/beliefs of Christ as opposed to a person born into a Hindu or atheists home? What has a child done to be so worthy or unworthy of such (dis)favor?

When the Master returns, all who accept Him are going to share in His blessings. ALL. It will make no difference whether they've heard of Him or not. Hallelujah!

Please do not take this as an attack. I'm trying to make sense of the viewpoint.

To be sure.

Syl

• trebor
    trebor

ProdigalSon & designs ...While I do appreciate you taking the time out to read and respond to this thread I believe you are attacking the view(s).

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    From the Christian, how do you explain areas like China and/or India?

I'm not a Christian, but will respond nonetheless.

Simply, religion equals culture, and religion does not equal absolute truth. It's not more complicated than that.

But for an accident of birth you could have been born into a community belief tradition called Hinduism, Christianity, Islam or any number of other traditions.

• trebor
    trebor

Deputy Dog...You're quoting a scripture which I believe means your response (per the scripture) is basically for one not to question the choice of God ["What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!"], and that some of have been chosen by God ["I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."] to proclaim his name ["FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH."].

If I misunderstood something, please correct me.

• trebor
    trebor

Quillsky: Are you assuming that humans evolved from amoeba and similar organisms? If so, I can't comment. What I know to be true is that human emotion, human feeling, and helps human society to exist and propagate.

A simple example - a man living 30000 or 3000 or 300 years ago who didn't feel and express the emotions necessary to find a sexual partner and contribute towards his community is unlikely to have descendents today.

I do not assume humans evolved from amoeba or similar organisms, and I'm sorry my illustration led to the conclusion. I was trying to make the statement that there are some living things on this planet in which we have no way of really measuring emotions/emotional response in any sort of fashion similar to that of humans.

I appreciate what you wrote concerning human emotion and feeling but it does not explain where, when, and how emotions came about or exist, just what they accomplish. I'm looking more for their origins where, when, how, emotions came about and exist.

I apologize again if my statements are misleading or argumentative. I truly am not trying to accomplish either. I'm just looking for answers which I have not yet come across.

• trebor
    trebor

snowbird: No one is left in the dark; no one is being punished. Heaven is coming HERE according to Revelation 21 and 22.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you. IMHO, it is being punished not having that information or knowledge. And I guess that's part of my problem/dilemma. Thank you for responding.

• trebor
    trebor

Quillsky: Simply, religion equals culture, and religion does not equal absolute truth. It's not more complicated than that.

But for an accident of birth you could have been born into a community belief tradition called Hinduism, Christianity, Islam or any number of other traditions.

Those are conclusions and understandings I have come across, and I appreciate you sharing with me your support of those views as well. My other dilemma leads me to the question posed to atheists respecting feelings/emotions. Thank you for replying and sharing with me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let me try this limited illustration: Say, for instance, President Obama is coming to your area bearing good tidings of plentiful jobs, excellent health care, adequate housing, etc.

Some in your area may be unaware of this, but yet will receive the same blessings. How is not having that information or knowledge a punishment?

Syl

• trebor
    trebor

snowbird: Let me try this limited illustration: Say, for instance, President Obama is coming to your area bearing good tidings of plentiful jobs, excellent health care, adequate housing, etc.

Some in your area may be unaware of this, but yet will receive the same blessings. How is not having that information or knowledge a punishment?

Syl, in my humble opinion it is a lack of honesty and peace of mind, and almost aligns itself with pre-destination in the case of God; especially in view of God being a parent or 'father-like' figure.

For example, I have three children. I am a wealthy, healthy, and loving person.

First child: I share all my wealth with assuring them that I am heathy as an ox per the documentation from doctor's visits and shower them in love and kindness. Once the reach 21 years old, I continue as I always have with the child.

Second child: I do not share any of my wealth with while they're young and although we get by it is seen as just making ends-meet. But they know I'm healthy as an ox per the documentation from doctor's visits and I shower then in love and kindness. However, once they are 21 I share with them how wealthy we truly are and now give them in abundance along with continung with everything else

Third child: I say I shower them in love and kindness, but they know nothing of money or my health and cannot even discern my existance in their life. Once the child reaches 21, I tread that child the same way I have treated the first.

The second child and third to me were being punished and have suffered. I appreciate and understand if you do not see it that way, and I truly am grateful for the response. Thank you for taking the time out for responding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit