Bible CONTRADICTIONS (Post Yours Here!) -- And Yahweh is a "Monster"!

by UnDisfellowshipped 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

God is Love

I think that says it all for.... Contradictions.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Here's a couple of geographical contradictions....

In Matthew 8:28-32 there is the tale of Jesus casting the demons from the men into the herd of swine and then they lose their marbles and go running off the precipice into the water. The only problem with this is that the "region of the Gadarenes" is about 25 miles from the nearest precipice going off into water, so the swine would have had to run a marathon first with the observers in hot pursuit. As a side note, can an animal be "possessed"?

Another one is, there is no such land as "Cana". Turning water into wine is just another allegory retelling the metaphysical creation story and the land is really "Canaan". That one really explains how Jesus could treat his own mother like a P.O.S.

PS

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The first two books of Genesis, are NOT inaccurate. They do NOT describe the creation of Earth, but the creation of MATTER. Notice how the sun/moon are BETWEEN the expanse of the waters. We were taught that their were waters right above the earth, (similar to Saturn) but these waters would be BEYOND the sun and moon. Genesis is a LOT deeper then almost anyone realizes. It's more symbolic then Revelation, but it looks so literal it fools most everyone.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I wonder if Moshe and AGuest could shed some light?

• tec
    tec

are you really concerned, Gary?

I think the contradictions come because the bible is man's best attempt to communicate to man, some of what they 'thought', and some of what they 'knew'. We are limited by our failings.

There are no contradictions with God and Christ - only with our understandings of them. You also made a very good point on page one - about leaders using God's name in war.

I don't see how someone can claim to follow Christ and then use God's name to authenticate an actual war.

Tammy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Brotherdan wow you are angry my friend. But if someone makes a statement instead of attacking the person who makes the statement why dont you refute his statement and present your evidence?

The watchtower is very judgemental..... are you?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

What a miserable life you must have to not have any hope or belief in something bigger than yourself.

Is that why this country has an obesity epidemic? I guess I believe in lots of somethings bigger than me, lol

• garyneal
    garyneal

Just curious tec.

Actually, it is a concern of mine to have been taught for so long that the Bible is inspired and infallible. Frankly, I cannot tell if I only heard the infallible part from the Jehovah's Witnesses or from other religions as well. I do know the Bible itselfs says that all scripture is inspired but like another poster here has stated, inspired does not necessarily mean infallible.

Personally, I think most people are good and many Christians do try to live a Christ like life. It gets disheartening though when so many Christians get so anal and take every word of the Bible literally when sometimes mitigating circumstances should be considered.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

David goes out and with Yahweh's blessing kills 200 Philistines and the cuts off their penii tips.

A suicide bomber says Allahu Akbar and then kills himself and 20-30 people.

Any difference (besides David not killing himself in the process)? I think both were terrorists. But David was worse.

• tec
    tec

It gets disheartening though when so many Christians get so anal and take every word of the Bible literally when sometimes mitigating circumstances should be considered.

I agree with that statement, and also this one:

It gets disheartening though when so many atheists get so anal and use every word of the Bible literally when sometimes mitigating circumstances should be considered.

Mostly though, I get disheartened when people profess to follow Christ, and yet still show such anger and hatred toward other people. We all make mistakes, and sometimes our emotions get the best of us - but then don't let pride step in and keep you from admitting them and recanting.

I'm pretty sure that infallible is taught in many other denominations besides JW's. I thought the bible was the same, until coming here and having so many hard-hitting questions. The thing is, nothing anyone said shook my faith because my faith is in Christ, and God through Him. Not in the Bible or other men.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit