Attending memorial tomorrow?

by Ghiagirl 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well what's the point of going if your not gong to sip some wine and eat some bread ?

I think I'll just stay home tonight and drink my own wine and bread.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for sharing that, finkelstein. We stopped cold but didn't know what we believed so we had our own ceremony for a couple of years. Then we realized that we did not need the ceremony and no longer supported WTS ideas.

I don't miss the fake smiles on the elders and MS who never say a word to you the rest of the year...It's all for show, no substance. Or the jws who think the memorial is the best time and place for the end to come.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    This will be the 3rd year I will not be attending the memorial. Yesterday I saw a brother while walking home. I didn't even know when the memorial was but I made the mistake of saying that I took today off from work. That's when he gave me a flyer and said it was the perfect opportunity to come. I'm not going though.
  • dgeero
    dgeero

This would be my first memorial I've not attended. I went last year but I was already mentally out. I'm thinking of going just so I can maybe pick something out from the talk to plant more seeds of doubt later with my inactive wife.

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    My Memorial is at 9:30 PM, so I'll be home by MIDNIGHT. Of all the stupid things that the Watchtower has done, none have made me so angry (except how they deceived my family into believing their bull$#i#). I would love to not go, but the last thing I need is an angry mom and dad. I hate the concept of driving half way across the metropolitan area only to pass around perfectly edible bread and wine, only to not eat it and throw it out afterwards. How is this even sane?
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Much to my chagrin I found out from my best friend who knows TTATT and has been inactive for years who has family still in that an elder who I haven't heard from in 3.5 years is trying to find my new address and phone number to invite me. This elder even traveled 30 minutes to another county to check at one of my old houses which has long since been sold (5 yrs ago).

I have been next to elders and others in line at stores and am ignored although I am not DA or DF. No idea why now...doesn't matter. IF they find me which would be rather difficult, I will make sure they know that any sneaky means of tracking me down are unacceptable and that I will contact them if I ever want assistance from them. They need no information except "no thank you...ever."

So no Memorial again for me. Missed Memorial #4!!!!

• Nambo
    Nambo

So I just attended the memorial in my own house and on my own.

Meant I could obey Jesus instructions in John Chapter 6 rather than saying to Jesus, "thanks, but no thanks, I don't need to eat your sacrifice, just being a Dub will save me".

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    My husband said we should go to placate the family. I want to be true to myself and my own beliefs, but he's a little less black and white than me. Since he never was a JW, he doesn't see the big deal in going to make the family happy. Maybe it won't be. We shall see. I got a new dress for it, haha....
  • Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly
    No we didn't attend. The third year we didnt go. This is actually the first year since we faded that no one called or came to invite us. Why start the cycle again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit