Have you ever considered completely abandoning the people in the so-called "Truth"

by gubberningbody 29 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

They seem quite content to do that to you. Why not just let them live their futile, dysfunctional lives and let time be the judge?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nope..Can`t do that..

Too many friends and family still in.....I`m an accepted Black Sheep..LOL!!..

I get away with saying,anything I want..

....................OUTLAW

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

This sounds a bit like "respect".

I'm not sure I understand this primitive.

I googled this and it seems that some feel it has to do with value.

Now as I see it, it could very well be that someone has no value at all for you.

Does this mean that you plan to oppose them or prevent them from living their lives?

No. It just means that for you, the social exchange has no value. The people without value for you are those who have nothing that you wish to acquire, and so you do not engage them.

These, on the other hand may feel that you have value and wish that they had the price for an exchange as they see you holding many things of value for them, but you see them and say "No thanks".

How is that so terrible?

Outlaw, why not analyse what it is these have which you find of value and locate a different source? Surely these people don't have a monopoly as regards good worthy of social exchange.

• blondie
    blondie

It all depends on how they treat you. My family were abusive before I stopped going and still are, I just don't make myself a target. If they still show that they are your friends, why dump them for their blindness.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have, my "JW motto" after my mother died and remembering all the "love" they showed to me is.

"I have officially divorced myself from those people"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

GubberningBody..

I attend family functions..

Writing everyone off because of the WBT$.....Doesn`t work well with my narrow agenda..

To expose the WBT$ to my friends and family..In a way they can accept..

That takes time and patience..

And..

I`m Winning..

..........................OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will never shut the door on friends and family. They may choose to shun me, but I will be there for them if needed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've abandoned 99.9% of them.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Their love for me may be conditional, but mine for them is not.

Its hard to not want to respond in kind. But they are the ones with all the rules, not me. I dont have limitations.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wrote the elders a letter telling them and their fellow cultists to get out of my life. I left my JW spouse. The only JW I maintained a connection with was my mother. She refused to shun me. Our relationship actually improved after I left the cult.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit