Statement From 9/11 Families For A Safe And Strong America

by Bangalore 28 Replies latest social current

• wasblind
    wasblind

Designs,

everything you say is true, but it does not change the way i feel about it being so close to the site where so many were killed in the name of a religion.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Ignorance of Islam's many branches is at the core of this debate. The American people have a cloudy understanding of Islam and the raw feelings show the confusion between Islam and the violent radicals that exist inside the different sects.

Build a Mosque. You have that right. Why the insistance to build it in the shadow of the fallen towers, on the soil where Americans were murdered? This is a deliberate slap in the face.

Radical Islam laughs at American freedom, and they are using it to destroy us.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The American people have a cloudy understanding of Islam...

Then why don't you use your incredible intellect, and enlighten us. We're waiting (tamps foot impatiently).

• designs
    designs

Sooner-

Get an English copy of the Quran and read it, look up the sects of Islam in any encyclopedia, study their history and go and meet some Muslims, develop a friendly relationship. Then let's talk.

Who is your closest Muslim friend, what does he or she think and believe religiously, politically and socially. My friend is named Bahram, Iranian, came here after the Shah was overthrown.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Get an English copy of the Quran and read it, Already have. In my opinion, it's a collection of lies and boogery. Just like all the rest of the "Holy" books.

look up the sects of Islam in any encyclopedia, I'm an info junkie. Already have quite a long time ago

study their history and go and meet some Muslims, develop a friendly relationship.

Then let's talk.

Your issue, I beleive, is that others have read and experienced much of the same as you, yet they don't agree with you. I'm sorry, but the opinion of this very well informed person does not and probably will never jive with yours.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

The American people have a cloudy understanding of Islam...

Then why don't you use your incredible intellect, and enlighten us. We're waiting (tamps foot impatiently).

Radical Islamic murderers killed thousands of Americans. Now "moderate" Muslims want to build a monument to their religion within a stones-throw of the killing field.

That's what I vehemently oppose

Keep tapping that delicate foot

• designs
    designs

So who is a Muslim that you socialize with.

The reality is this Islamic Center is going to be open, how the populace deals with it will be all over the board as is usual in America.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

HEY DARK SIDE! I'M AGREEING WITH YOU THIS TIME, AT LEAST IN PRINCIPLE. PLEASE STOP BASHING YOUR HEAD AGAINST MY POSTS.

BASH YOU HEAD AGAINST WHAT-HER-NAMES POSTS!

BTW My foot's anything but delicate.

• designs
    designs

Dark-

Oppose it, that's your right, but then what.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    The reality is this Islamic Center is going to be open,

If I were Muslim I wouldn't count on it. There are very very few Muslims living any where near where this thing is proposed, which makes all of us wonder why anyone would want to build it there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit