Question on Case of Disfellowshipped then Committed Suicide

by ruruj 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are people that have committed suicide after being fired. There are unstable people that have returned to their place of employment

and killed several people after being fired. Neither scenario is the employer's fault. Those that sulk into pitiful pool of self pity about

being disfellowshipped seriously need to show some backbone and grow up......Confearacy

People are not shunned by friends and family if they are fired from a job..

Your post is a Red herring..

......................OUTLAW

• ruruj
    ruruj

OUTLAW What do you mean by "Red herring" here?

You said "People are not shunned by friends and family if they are fired from a job". This seems to contradict.

There are suicides everywhere, but just how many religions practice disfellowshipping and shunning worldwide and be involved in a life and death situation.

In this modern day bullying, intimidation and harrassment are wrong because they bring out the worst of even normal people.

Don't you think shunning and disfellowshipping is in this same category?

Wow, I would not want to work for this company you say, because someday a mild mannered victim decides to shoot everyone else (and make more victims) in this company, because he had been fired in a bad bad way.

• ruruj
    ruruj

Let me improve some of this ...

There are suicides everywhere, but just how many *** CHRISTIAN *** religion practice disfellowshipping and shunning worldwide and be involved in a life and death situations like this.

Wow, I would not want to work for this company you say, because someday a mild mannered victim decides to shoot everyone else (and make more victims) in this company, because he had been fired in a bad bad way. *** BEFORE HE COMMITS SUICIDE ***

It is not only the wrongdoer but lives of friends and family are ruined and self destruct when WT disfellowshipping and shunning is involved.

Wrongdoers of course would need some punishment, but this kind of "firing from the company" (organization) is wrong, since the weakest conscience mind may result in suicide.

Institutionalize disfellowshipping and shunning has no place in the modern civil society. You cannot even compare this with employment firing.

• jamiebowers
  • VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I can't really say much since I've never seen it myself but I believe it. I know enough about almost losing the will to live because of the WTS. It really does push people over the edge. Curses on the GB and incompetent elders.

V665

EDIT: I remember my only friend left on the inside telling me that he's had two or three of his other friends off themselves. I have no knowledge of whether any DF or other "discipline" was involved.

• ruruj
    ruruj

People may be in denial but suicides caused directly or indirectly by disfellowshipping and shunning is devastativing. All in fact are at risk of crossing the suicide line/threshold.

Of course, disfellowshipping and shunning seldom leads to suicides. Suicides occurring due to WT policies being more than a handful in a decade is UNACCEPTABLE.

But those victims of disfellowshipping and shunning (wrongdoer + friends + family) are ruined, devastated, discriminated, outcast, etc.

Cause and effect analysis:
    Bad WT policy (causes) --> promote disfellowshipping (causes) --> shunning issues (depression, ruin, etc.) may cause --> suicide

Therefore Bad WT policy promotes disfellowshipping which causes shunning issues AND UNFORTUNATELY MAY LEAD TO SUICIDE.

We need to ask, research, expose and publish this shameful (and criminal?) practice of WT.
    Could some research and develop on this issue?

Of course, leaving the organization as early as possible may help. But you will have to deal with some issues hooking you.

• blondie
    blondie

This is how the WTS looks at divorce. If a jw couple divorce and stay in the organization it counts as a divorce in the WTS. It a jw couple leave and then divorce, it does not count as a divorce in the WTS.

So ridiculously, the WTS does not count it as a suicide attributable to them if the jw left and then suicided.

• Simon
    Simon

Consfearacy

Those that sulk into pitiful pool of self pity about being disfellowshipped seriously need to show some backbone and grow up.

I think I speak for everyone when I say: Fuck off you moronic insensitive piece of shit.

• Darth plaugeis
  • wasblind
    wasblind

"Fuck off you moronic insensitive piece of shit."

That has got to be Alice, same insensitivity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit