The text for the day is SUREAL!!!!!

by elderelite 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

Dig the text for today... beyond sureal... cognitive dissonance at its worst!!!!!!

TextforThursday,August12,2010

Do

notbelieveeveryinspiredexpression,buttesttheinspiredexpressionstoseewhethertheyoriginatewithGod.—1 John

4:1.

In harmony with John’s counsel, we always encourage those we meet in the preaching work to test what they have been taught by comparing it with the Bible. That is a good rule for us too. If any statements come to our ears that are critical of the truth or that cast aspersions on the congregation, the elders, or any of our brothers, we do not accept them at face value. Rather, we ask: “Is the one spreading this story acting in harmony with what the Bible says? Do these stories or allegations further Jehovah’s purpose? Do they promote the peace of the congregation?” A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: “Do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6) Yes, we should not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible or, by extension, beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave. w08 4/15 1:18, 19

to take that scripture and use it to say "If any statements come to our ears that are critical of the truth or that cast aspersions on the congregation, the elders, or any of our brothers, we do not accept them at face value".... what an insult to the intelligence of everyone who reads it! BS at its worst....

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Makes me angry how they keep referring it back to the faithful and discreet slave. In other words, do as we say or else!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Classic cult speak. Question the person, not the message.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If any statements come to our ears that are critical of the truth or that cast aspersions on the congregation, the elders, or any of our brothers, we do not accept them at face value.

What if the statement comes from the Watchtower. I believe saying their latest statement of what "Jesus evidently meant" by "this generation" grates "the truth."

Article continues:

Rather, we ask: “Is the one spreading this story acting in harmony with what the Bible says?

Clearly, the Watchtower putting the overlap doctrine into their story are not acting in harmony with what the Bible says. They go beyond it.

Do these stories or allegations further Jehovah’s purpose?

...or Watchtower's purpose?

Do they promote the peace of the congregation?” A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: “Do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Yes, we should not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible or, by extension, beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave. w08 4/15 1:18, 19

Why "by extension" ? WHY? I guess they forgot to throw in the standard FDS scripture there.

I know what you are saying about them, but I thought I would show that their "counsel" could be applied in other ways outside of their intentions. It's just gobble-dee-goop to say not to criticize Watchtower and it's people.

• yknot
    yknot

You would be proud of my kids today........

When we reviewed the daily text they brought up Angels and Rutherford , Clayton's DP, and why all of sudden the GB is asserting they alone receive clarification versus other anointed.

• agonus
    agonus

Wait a minute.

OK... now... I mean, just... wait a minute... the... I...

... the WHAT outta the hell?!

This paragraph is nonsense on so many levels. So, OK, lemme see if I got this straight... "test the inspired expressions" means "don't listen to householders?" Uh... so "the inspired expressions" are coming from... people we meet in the ministry... NOT 'the faithful and discreet slave'? And now we're using the phrases "Do not go beyond" and "by extension" IN THE SAME SENTENCE? Isn't the very definition of "by extension", well... BEYOND THE THINGS WRITTEN?

Wow. I mean, just... wow.

L. Ron Hubbard would be proud of this level of cult myndphuq bizarretitude.

• agonus
    agonus

Snap! Snap! The poor little clam...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If any statements come to our ears that are critical of the truth or that cast aspersions on the congregation, the elders, or any of our brothers, we do not accept them at face value.

Only accept it at face value if it supports the wt's position and paints the org in a favorable light.

• agonus
    agonus

Or, to sum up in ANSI C:

void dubInformationProcess ()

{

if (informationGleanedOutsideOfTheWatchtower == criticalOfTheWatchtower)

informationGleanedOutsideOfTheWatchtower = FALSE;

else

informationGleanedOutsideOfTheWatchtower = TRUE;

return learnedFromThisExperience(absolutelyNothing);

}

Hope my syntax is correct... it's been a while ;P

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"It is a good rule for us, too."

Too bad that, instead of testing against the Bible or practicality, we are supposed to test against the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Suppose the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's teaching is neither practical nor Scriptural. We test that against the Bible and real life, and it flunks both tests. Are we supposed to (or even allowed to) discard those teachings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit