The text for the day is SUREAL!!!!!

by elderelite 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

WOW!!! "Do not go beyond the things written" (1 Cor 4:6)

Okay, then quit the generation flip-flop because Jesus says 'its not for you to know times or dates" (Acts 1:7). Jesus did not say there would not be a restoration, just that it was not proper to speculate on the matter. He said it not matter-of-factly, but with pointednes that it is quite frankly none of anyone's business - only God's.

The reason they are subject to questioning, challenges, etc is because they "go beyond the things written" !!!! The FDS is marevelous at this type of coying rudeness.

Simon Morley

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Hope my syntax is correct... it's been a while ;P

You didn't define absolutelyNothing so I don't think your code would run :-p

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Un- flippin -believable !!! The audacity of them !!

Loz x

• wobble
    wobble

This really is mind-control in an overt way.

As I said on another thread, "The religion (WT/JW) is founded on lies, perpetuated by lies, and exists for the benefit of the feeble-minded"

It was though, by following the counsel in that very scripture, 1 John 4v1, that I was forced, by my conscience, to leave the Borg.

Let us hope that many now trapped in the Borg follow John's advice, and follow us to freedom !

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

the things that are written in the Bible or, by extension, beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave.

You beat me to the keyboard on this one. By extension the writings, musings, misleadings or fiction of the FDS have the same weight as the scriptures.

They look you right in the eye and challenge you to your face to call them liars. They call black white, yellow red and you swallow it or you are out. They make me despair.

S L

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

I've always hated how they blatantly go beyond what is written. The Bible text is very clear and was written in the first century:

A sound rule is found in the words of the apostle Paul: “Do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6) Yes, we should not go beyond the things that are

written in the Bible or, by extension, beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave. w08 4/15 1:18, 19

So, basically anything TODAY that explains or clears up or, in anyway or form, twists, stretches or shrinks the meaning of something written in the first century, is going beyond what was written. Paul didn't say, do not go beyond the things that are going to be written in 2000 years. He said, do not go beyond the things that ARE written. Even in his time, they were already written.

They always try to include their OWN interpretations in the things that ARE written and don't want the rank and file to go beyond that. But they ALREADY did it. By writing whatever they write in the first place.

And I can prove how they themselves go beyond what is written. For example, Genesis 3:4,5 reads:

4 At this the serpent said to the woman: “YOU positively will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad.”

Read what God said to this:

22 And Jehovah God went on to say: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad, and now in order that he may not put his hand out and

actually take [fruit] also from the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite,—”

But here is what the Watchtower from Sept. 1, 2010 on page 11

Satan began deceiving mankind at the very start of human history. For example, he deceived Eve into believing that she was not subject to the laws of her Creator

and that she could “be like God, knowing good and bad,” that is, deciding for herself what was good and what was bad. (Genesis 3:1-5) That was the first great

deception, for even though humans were given the freedom to choose what they would do, they were not created with the ability to determine for themselves

what is right and what is wrong.

So, I wonder, If God did not accused the Devil of having lied in this particular case. Why reinterpret the whole thing? And go beyond the things written there?

Just ranting!

BTW, I do find the article very very good. I used it to talk with my still in 17 year old son. I could ask him to read that article and he did. I could then use the information there, like the statement that ALL can be deceived, to point to him that even the GB could be deceived. And that they want him to use his mind to not just accept everything they say, but to investigate, with the purpose of making sure. At least it gave us an opportunity to talk, without him shutting down immediately, which is the standard behavior.

Vivalavida

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Sorry for the weird formatting!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The watchtower publications "have become part of the bible" - they stated this in a study article about two years ago.

HB

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Lol, that IS really going overboard. Who the hell they think they are???

The sad thing is that they really believe it..

Vivalavida

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they are using circular reasoning to keep everyone shut up and in line.

let me get this right............ you're allowed to question your religion, unless it's the WT, because they're right.

they're right, because they say so, and they're allowed to take scriptures and quotes out of context to support their "right" religious views!

WOW, and shoot me now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit