Creating exactly what He got: SINNERS...(Jehovah the architect of disaster)

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

So how does something perfect make a flawed anything.........

Theologians and philosophers around the world would like to know.

Perfect is one of those wooly words that makes your skin itch.

A fork is perfect for eating peas but lousy for eating soup.

Context is everything.

Stop and think about this a moment. God is top dog with all the power there is. He decides what perfect is and what it means and how it is judged. So, it is his deck of cards we are playing with.

If God plays a game of Poker with you and deals you a crappy hand....guess who ain't uh gonna win?

Man was totally deficient compared to God in all possible ways which required sustaining life. This made him dependant in a way which was lethal if he failed to please the Old Man.

No sane person (human) kills himself when he has everything to live for.

If Adam truly understood the stakes of LIFE/DEATH and was sane----he could not eat the fruit which was placed off limits.

Adam clearly had no understanding or experience and craved it mightily. Wanting to be LIKE GOD (his heavenly father) is usually a great ambition.

In this case it led him to tresspass, commit theft and suffer Capital Punishment.

If this is PERFECT Justice I'm a potato cake.

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

You miss the whole point. Without imperfection, you would not be asking these deep questions. Imperfection is a necessary path to discoverying the nature of truth. There is nothing wrong with perfect justice slipping in a banana peel of injustice just to make you slip, and having slipped, to think about why you slipped and taking measures not to slip again. Creating creation ends up in creating imperfection - from a certain angle. Stars gobble up stars to form black holes, but who knows what lies in the heart thereof? Even the act of gobbling is creative and might end up throwing out a spectacle that we may love to watch, O! the spectacle of light of exploding energy in deep space. Perfect? Imperfect? It's all a conundrum, isn't it? And what says a shorter leg on a man or one eye on a face, or any of such appearances is imperfect? Perfection is a combination of many imperfections.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Nothing in the universe makes sense if you go looking for 'perfection'.

Did 'god' create the sun perfect? If it's perfect, why does it have a finite amount of fuel and a finite lifespan? If a god was writing the rules of the universe, why bother with that rule? In most any computer simulation I've seen of nature (or any video game), the light-source is implemented as a simple constant - it is not given a finite amount of time or fuel - it just exists. If I can do that in my 'virtual worlds', why couldn't god in the real world?

Likewise, were the sun made perfect, why is it blasting radiation all over the place, and then 'god' then had to implement a magnetosphere around our planet to protect us from? Why the hack? Why not just make the sun 'perfect' for life - clean and everlasting?

As I said in another thread, I think it is biblical anti-wisdom to say humans are not perfect. What we some seem to perceive as imperfection can often be attributed to mutual-exclusive compromise. Just as a particular car design must inevitably have strengths and weaknesses when measured across multiple performance dimensions - so it's true with life. Humans are good at some things, not so good at others.

If Adam and Eve were perfect yet they ate the fruit - then bad decisions are not excluded by perfection. If perfect people can make bad decisions that hurt others - how would that be any different from today?

- Lime

• brotherdan
  • HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I always likened it to handing a loaded gun to a kid and being shocked when the kid shoots himself in the head.

Hey, that's my analogy! And you left out the part where God disguises the hand-gun as a delicious fruit.

- Lime

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Man I've been saying that for years. I mean seriously, logic used by JW's doesn't make any sense.

• designs
    designs

Terry-

Loved the potato analogy. Will Christianity ever undergo a true Reformation of thought and philosophy and not simply a wash and spin cycle of Catholic laundry.

Before and after the Second Temple era Jewish thought was evolving, free will and personal decisions were a big advance in philiosophy. The book The Apocalypse of Baruch was optimistic about human choices and denied 'Original sin' as the later Christians would call it. Even Deuteronomy in its own way promoted free will 30:19 'I placed life and death before you...choose life'. And as Maimonides said 'Every human being is master of his actions'.

Maybe some of the Open Theists are making headway but so many are still tied down to what the old Bishops promoted.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Terry's interesting thoughts brought back to mind a quote from Gene Roddenberry:

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes”

• smiddy
    smiddy

God doesn`t like competition

smiddy

• Terry
    Terry

God doesn`t like competition

smiddy

The insecurity of an Almighty Being is mind-boggling!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit