What difference does it make?

by dssynergy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Like the Dinosaurs and plants and other creatures before us we are here for the Earth's Crust to rot and become whatever. That's GOD'S plan.

...................... SOYLENT GREEN..... IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

So to answer your question......... Not much LOL

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The problem is we ask the wrong questions. Why are we here? what is the reason? That trips us up because we want some sort of ego gratifying greater reason and we don't have one.

Perhaps the only reason we are here is because whatever forces that brought us into being (and I'm speaking of the physical forces of the universe here, not an intelligent God), caused us to be here. Simple cause and effect. This does not have to have some greater intent or intelligence behind it.

For example, If I come into a room and find a bag of rice spilled all over the floor, I can ask myself, how did this happen? What caused it? What is the reason for it? The reason may be so simple as a strong gust of wind came through the window and blew it over. The wind doesn't have intelligence or design or intent behind it. It just blows....

I can spend the rest of my day in a state of internal angst, trying to figure out the reasons why the wind did this, what greater meaning is there in it all, or, I can pick up the rice, put on a pot of water to boil and think about how to best enjoy eating it.

It's like that question often asked of mountaineers, "why do you climb mountains?" Because they are there! Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Silly.

We ask the wrong questions. Always asking why, why? Better questions would begin with how. I am here, regardless of why, how can I enjoy this experience and how can I help others to enjoy it more also? Instead of why do people suffer? ...How can I avoid the many pitfalls of suffering that plague so many humans unnecessarily?

Children ask why, why, why? Grownups ask how, how, how?

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I do believe as humans, we require a moral code just to keep order and to be productive. However, if the everything in the Bible is true, and the whole concept is based on the issue of Universal Soveriegnty - then God is going to win - no matter what any of us do personally. So, if I choose to wait on the sideline to see what happens, I'm not convinced it matters or affects the outcome in any way. And, as I stated before - if when we die, we are dead (as I believe we are) then what is there to fear? I'm not afraid to go to sleep, and I'm not afraid to die.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Good points dssynergy.

Here's a few more questions for you:

If we were not orderly and productive what would be the difference to the end outcome? Orderly and productive by whose moral standard? Who gets to make the moral code? Is it internally generated? Based upon what? Is it externally imposed? By whom and by what authority? Does external authority equate with justice and fairness?

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

If we were not orderly and productive, of course nothing would get accomplished. Which, in the end wouldn't matter much except that people may be more miserable than they already are. The moral standards are innate - it seems that all human societies basically have very similar standards around stealing, murdering, fidelity, etc. It is the human conscience that produces the standardization of the behavior codes. They are set up by the authority created in each society...external authority does not always equate justice with fairness, but for the most part it does.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby - what happens to an unbeliever like me? Should I fear my destiny?

Absolutely, not, dear Cantleave (the greatest of love and peace to you!), if you know love... perfectly. Because perfect love casts ALL fear outside. Love COVERS a multitude of transgressions... and love... is the Law's fulfillment. So why there are indeed ones who will live by means of having belonged to Christ, his brothers... there are others... like you, dear one... who will live because of the love you showed to such brothers... including me.

The Most Holy One of Israel is not unrighteous... and He will not forget the acts of righteous done toward those who belong to Him, through Christ. Does one have to know who such are to fall into this category? Contrary to the false teaching of the WTBTS, absolutely not. As someone wrote, there are some who have entertained angels although it was unknown to them. But one can fulfill this obligation simply by doing good to others, including one's enemies. So that, if one does good to ALL... then one surely has covered one's bases, yes?

Bottom line, all one needs to do to get INTO the kingdom... is show love toward all, including his/her enemies. By doing so, they WILL show love to Christ and his brothers, sooner or later. And these are the "sheep" (who are separated from the "goats")... and those who Christ and his brothers rule over (and please, PLEASE note that such rule is NOT in the way earthling man does it, where one dominates over another, but of righteousness, meaning the rulership of Christ is one of service... to time indefinite...).

One CAN, however, be granted the "greater" hope... which is not about being on earth vs. in heaven... or in a flesh body vs. a spirit one, but simply a different "position" in the "temple" of God (i.e., Court of Gentiles vs. Court of Israel vs. Court of Priests, etc.)... where ALL will be. Personally, so long as I am IN the temple... AT the table... IN the kingdom... I truly do not care where.

I bid you peace, dear Cantleave... and ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of God, which water... the "oil of exultation"... grants to the one receiving a choosing... and thus, a token, of that place as a "PRIEST" in the "temple"... FREE!"

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cantleave
    cantleave

Shelby, that is truly a comforting message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit