Could a camera be used as a second witness in a ''Two Witness Policy''?

by african GB Member 13 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

What if the Elders(or in some cases MS's due to extreme Elder shortage) made use of photo forensic experts to authenticate it? Would it still be unacceptable?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    if i stumble upon unmarried JW couple having sex, and I take them photos, could the photos pass as evidence enough to DF the couple in a JC.

First, how is it that you would just happen to have a camera, if you "stumbled upon" them, dear AGBM? Second, how is it that you could just "stumble upon" something like that? I mean, either you've broken into some place where you shouldn't have (which could be a crime and so you might want to think about casting any stones)... or they're having sex some place like in the parking lot or bathroom of the KH (which is not only gross but STUPID and so they deserve to be "caught").

Second, even if you did stumble upon them... why would you want to take a photo... and why would you want to pass them to anyone else? What business is it of yours?

Third, would not self-righteousness compel you to carry out your newly-obtained "position" PROPERLY... and if so, wouldn't that mean reading your Bible? And if so, why haven't you, because you apparently haven't read John 8:1-11. I would exhort you to do so, however, before you start "casting stones" at anyone else. Otherwise, aren't you a hypocrite, which, according to that account, and so Christ, is WORSE than someone "caught in the act of adultery?"

I have often refrained from commenting on your comments, dear one, but this one kind of "takes the cake" for me. You should really THINK about what you write here... and what's really in your heart. Even if you're joking (and since you state that you don't wish us to think you are, I must assume you are serious).

Again, I bid you peace... and perhaps a little "water" to wash away all that leaven,

A slave of Christ,

SA, who thinks that even suggesting that one might admittedly stoop to LOOKING for others to be caught in "sinful" acts just so one can turn them in is one of the most disgusting... and EVIL... things I have seen posted on this board. Oh wait, it was only asked as an "example" - disgusting example, IMHO...

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Officially elders are not allowed to listen or peruse electronic evidence. I had this issue come up in at least one case, and the reasoning the Service Department gave was similar to what OTWO states.

Isaac Carmignani

• cantleave
    cantleave

What if the Elders(or in some cases MS's due to extreme Elder shortage) made use of photo forensic experts to authenticate it? Would it still be unacceptable?

I was involved in one case where police forensic evidence from a computer disc was used. It was in a child abuse case and the right decision was made. This was due to the tenacity of the BOE and the fact that the guy involved was despised by the chairman of the committee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit