Hi Jeremy,

Welcome aboard!!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome aboard!!

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Really sad thing is, as I sit here preparing a talk for next week, it's actually making me feel il, my gut feels wrenched and my heart heavy. Obviously I am being two faced in doing this(which I hate, it's not me). I have thought about letting go of all privileges, staying on the fringes and hopefull keeping my friends. Without them I will have none! After all, I have been doing this for 30 or so years.

• yknot
    yknot

Cook,

Many men here are in the same boat as you.....

You are a good man, that is why you feel that way, you haven't been corrupted by the WTS's strategy mindset!

What talk are you working on? (You can PM me if you don't want to make it public-- click my name and hit send message option- to open yours you click on the envelope in the right hand corner......you might have to click on the message twice if you get an error code)

Believe it or not there are many many many and growing everyday 'conscious class'.......... we all know the 'truth about the 'troof' but are still in either for family or working on our fades......

Sometimes you can use talks to do what the WTS does...... add 'sifts'.....little comments while completely WTS party-line cause the listener to go 'what' and maybe help wake some up or plant a seed. Sometimes it is mentioning something old or by making uber-uber dubbie loyalty comments- you know above and beyond party-line fanatical stuff!

• yknot
    yknot
    30 or so years

does that mean you are a convert or was raised (versus born-in)?

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Since about 8. Over 30 years ago.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Jeremy and cook my socks UK W E L C O M E Hubby and I are from the UK . My advice is question, question, go to Freeminds and JWfacts we learned so much and had our eyes opened through doing homework and investigation, uncovering so many things even though being so many years a JW I did not really know the true history of the organisation beginnings, only vaguely and what they gave you.

No wonder they do not want us to go on the websites, your family will tell you it is all lies, mine did. Thats why they don't bother further investigation they believe the propaganda.

There is always somebody here who will give you a link to information and even now there are things I am finding out especially from ones like Ynot, Blondie, Aussie Oz and others who have been on here a while. There's loads of support here. I know there are many who are now Athiests and Agnostics and have all sorts of beliefs and lifestyles there are many who are Christians and still believe in God. My hubby and I are Christians. We all have something to give and respect and support each other because we have a common bond.

All the best RosePetal

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome Jeremy and Cook.

Jeremy, please read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan, and you will see that all ex or exiting cult members have the same fear.

Cook, please check your private messages by clicking on the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner. Then click on my message to you, hit the back key and click on my message again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jeremy - Welcome. You need to compltetly rid yourself of the idea that they have the TRuth - they do NOT!! Read Read Read!! These books helped me the most.

1, Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

2, Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron

3, In search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz (a bit heavy going, in that it is a very big book)

4, Combatting Cult Mind Control by Stephen Hassan

5, Releasing the Bond by Stephen Hassan

• yknot
    yknot

I am a born-in.......bit younger than you!

While I don't give No 2 Talks anymore (unless you wanna count last minute householder parts)... I do help many of our congo's kids prepare each week ....... so I get where you are coming from about responsibility of content. It is a delicate balance but with the new DVD teaching them WTS history is accetable...... afterall I am just following the 'Slave's' lead.....

You would be surprised at how many loyal conservative JWs can be swayed into minor acts of civil disobedience like fudging some FS hours or enrolling for online college courses all because every single one of us has some issue or doubt that can be validated and encouraged.

Is the talk TMS or PT?......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit