The Faithful and Discreet WHAT?

by Cold Steel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm sure this has been covered before, so please excuse me if it has. My questions are:

• How do people know that they're part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?
    • How is seniority established?
    • How are they so certified by JW leaership?
    • Don't many people consider this sort of thing to be self appointment?
    • Is one generally considered to be part of an elevated status to be in that class?
    • Is this class the only one that actually receives the emblems of the sacrament/communion?
    • What if one or more of them claimed to receive a communication from God?
    • How does one become part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave leadership?
    • How is one expelled from that class?

Thanks for any information on this!

Also, finally, why do they choose such a pedestrian term like "Faithful and Discreet Slave" over, say, "Faithful and Wise Servant"? That never made much sense.

-------------------

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

How do people know that they're part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

I once was talking with a doctor of psychology (he primarily focused on people with brain injuries, so this wasn't his expertise) and he told me of a number of "regional paranoid delusions". A common example - in Texas his colleagues encounter patients who believe themselves JFK's assassin... which is uncommon elsewhere.

It is my theory that being 'anointed' is just another paranoid delusion - more-less exclusive to the witness social order. Some crazy people claim they killed JFK.. some claim the are Jesus himself... some claim they've been hand-picked by Jesus to rule with him.

I really think it's no more complex than that. Part of the ego needs recognition and attention, and so it invents the "heavenly calling". (And just because a person is mentally sound in some ways doesn't mean they cannot also be bat-shit insane in others.)

- Lime

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Faithful and Discreet Slave is supposed to pass the truth onto the public, and Raymond Franz is the only one that even made half an attempt to do that. This class is not necessarily all of one religion or group, either--in fact, groups as diverse as a political party trying to derail corrupt political parties, religious groups studying the Bible independently, and worldly organizations not fitting the Establishment could fit this class. However, anyone that intentionally corrupts the Bible and then uses it to coerce the flock into doing ever more, even to the point of ruining lives, fits the definition of Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• robson
    robson

FIRST, THEY DON'T KNOW IT EXACTLY AS IF IT WAS GOD CALLING THEM, THEY BELIEVE IT AS A HEAVENLY CALLING MADE BY GOD BECAUSE THEY FULFILL WHAT WE FIND IN THE BIBLE SO TO SPEAK THEY THINK THEY FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS STATED BY GOD SO IS THEIR OWN VIEW ACCORDING TO WHAT THEY KNOW HOWEVER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEING CHOSEN BECAUSE YOU STAND ON TOP OF EVERYONE ELSE IS ONLY GOD WHO KNOWS WHO IS HIS SON AND WHO IS A LIAR, MANY OF THEM ARE LIARS I KNOW A FEW WHO SAY THEY ARE ANOINTED BUT WELL SEE AT THE END. WELL, IT HAS TO BE SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN DEDICATED TO GOD DOING WHAT JESUS TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES TO DO AND LIVE IN ACCORDANCE TO JESUS'S LIFE SO THE OLDER YOU ARE THE BETTER ACQUAINTED WITH THEOLOGY THAN MORE AROUND YOU SO IN OTHER WORDS YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY STRONGER THAN THE REST SOMEHOW. YOU START WITH ZERO AND THEN YOU CAN MOVE ON TO THE TOP AS IN A BUSINESS COMPANY YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR COLLEAGUES TALK GOOD ABOUT YOU AND YOU HAVE TO BE EFFICIENT IN SOME RESPECTS TO ACCOMODATE YOURSELF IN A GOOD POSITION. THERE IS SOME MORE TO IT. IT IS SELF-APPOINTMET NOBODY CAN JUDGE OR CRITICIZE YOU, IS YOUR DECISION TO PROCLAIM YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE. IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT IN OURSELVES, UNFORTUNATELY HUMANS SEE ONLY THE OUTER APPEAREANCE IF YOU STAND ABOVE PEOPLE IN WHATEVER THAT IS THEY WILL SEE YOU DIFFERENTLY SO IS BEING OF THE ANOINTED CLASS THEY SEE YOU AS AN ANGEL BUT MANY THEY DON'T CARE EITHER. YES YOU HAVE TO BE REGISTER HERE ON EARTH AND ALSO TAKE PART OF THE EMBLEMS EVERY YEAR. THEY CAN DO SO BUT NOT DIRECTLY AS IF IT WAS GOD. STILL WILL BE AGAINST THE HEALTHY TEACHING OF THE BIBLE SO IS A NO ALTHOUGH SOME OF THEM THINK OTHERWISE. GETTING ON BOARD TO THIS SHIP WILL TAKE YOU EVERYWHERE JUST REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT NO MATTER WHAT. JUMPING THROUGH THE RANKS. ENAYONE CAN BECOME ONE YOU HAVE TO BE TIE TO MEMBERS OF THE EXISTING GB. BY OUR OWN DECISIONS AND OUR FEARING GOD CONSCIENCE TRAINED BY THE BIBLE AND OUR FAITH IN GOD. SIMPLE AS YOU ARE OUT IF YOU WANT YOU ARE IN IF YOU STAY IN. CHANGES THAT FIT INTO OUR THEOCRACY.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

• How do people know that they're part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

The usually cited text is Romans 8:16: "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God's children" (NWT). They just KNOW, because the Holy Spirit causes them to know. Unfortunately for the JW position, there is nothing in the context of that passage (or anywhere in Romans) that states or implies that such 'bearing witness' by the Spirit is characteristic of only a limited number of Christians, to the exclusion of other Christians. The two "classes" that Paul speaks about in Romans are those who live by the flesh (who are not of God and face condemnation) and those who live by the Spirit. No room in this chapter for earthly and heavenly classes.

• How is seniority established?

I don't know that seniority is really relevant among the JW anointed.

• How are they so certified by JW leaership?

They aren't. They simply declare themselves to be of the anointed class, generally by partaking of the elements of Communion at the Memorial. there are also a few internal forms (like pioneer and Bethel applications) where they may have to check off a box indicating which class they belong to.

• Don't many people consider this sort of thing to be self appointment?

Yes, and I'm one of them.

• Is one generally considered to be part of an elevated status to be in that class?

Yes and no. Many individuals among the "other sheep" class of JW's tend to give greater honor to those who profess anointing. However, recent statements in the Watchtower appear to be discouraging that. The organization has to walk a fine line in trying to prevent individual members of the F&DS class from gaining prominence in the congregations, while still maintaining the absolute authority of the F&DS as a group.

• Is this class the only one that actually receives the emblems of the sacrament/communion?

Yes. And they take a purely symbolic view of Communion, so that they would see no actual presence of Christ in the elements, not even a spiritual presence as in the Reformed tradition. Those who profess to be of the "other sheep" class refuse the elements as they are passed among the congregation.

• What if one or more of them claimed to receive a communication from God?

They'd probably either be regarded as nutcases or disfellowshipped as apostates, just like non-anointed Witnesses.

• How does one become part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave leadership?

Years of faithful slavery and lots of brown-nosing.

• How is one expelled from that class?

One is not expelled from the class as such, but anointed Witnesses can be disfellowshipped from the organization if they violate the rules, just like non-anointed Witnesses can. Should that happen to an anointed Witness who is later reinstated, that person remains part of the anointed class. Only Jehovah knows whether the person has become so hardened as to commit the unforgiveable sin, and if the person has done that, Jehovah needs to choose a replacement anointed person so that the number of 144,000 doesn't come up short. Apparently this happens a lot, because new anointed seem to be popping up left and right these days.

Hope this helps. I may decide to use the above material (anonymously, of course) on the Q&A page of my website (www.dispelthedarkness.org). Hope you don't mind if I use your questions, but I think they are a good series of questions for helping people who are not so familiar with the JW's to understand this doctrine.

• asilentone
    asilentone

robson, please stop typing in all Capital letters in your posts. Thank you!

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've wondered HOW a person knew they were annointed. Its never really added up to me. I've actually never seen anyone partake. The whole thing seems really odd to me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

paranoid delusions

HintofLime... I think this is the best answer. At minimum, it's certainly delusion.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Read Don Cameron's book "Captives of a Concept", all will be revealed!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

WELCOME ROBSON

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit