Feel the Love

by FlyingHighNow 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

dark side,

I watched the video and before they let you see it you must watch a commercial, this time one for Liberty Mutual. All I can say is

I want that soap they are using to wash that car. Wow, magic soap.

I have a dark side too, but nothing like Tim Minchin to put a smile on your face.

• tec
    tec

Ah, Darkside - you're so confusing. Sometimes you seem open to other opinions, and other times you seem so black and white :)

No apology necessary for earlier, though. I didn't think you were belittling living a good life. Just thought you were diminishing the impact such a thing could have on others.

And great quote (even if you didn't want to use it):

"Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others.

I completely agree. But what others choose to do with the light that we each show... well, that's up to them.

Tammy

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I watched the video and before they let you see it you must watch a commercial, this time one for Liberty Mutual. All I can say is

I want that soap they are using to wash that car. Wow, magic soap.

I have a dark side too, but nothing like Tim Minchin to put a smile on your face.

Great input. Thanks for the intelligent contribution. Isn't there a beer somewhere calling your name?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Definately a beer calling my name!!

In exactly an hour and a half!!

Meeting friends for drinks after work, feelin' the love!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

There are a few things that truly piss me off. Stupidity, apathy, hypocrisy and a lack of personal responsibility are at the top of the list. So, when I encounter those things on the board, I happily point them out.

This reminds me of an old saying, "Oh, what gift the giftie give us, to see ourselves as others see us."

Eventually, after living many years(which I have), we come to realize that we also at times have said stupid things, been apathetic, acted with hypocrisy, and lacked personal responsibility. Usually, however, at the time we did or did not do these things, we could not see the lack in ourselves.

With age there comes a time when we realize this, and usually become a bit more humble, and understanding of others.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Ah, Darkside - you're so confusing. Sometimes you seem open to other opinions, and other times you seem so black and white

I believe what I believe. I'm open to other ideas and thoughts...or try to be

No apology necessary for earlier, though. I didn't think you were belittling living a good life. Just thought you were diminishing the impact such a thing could have on others.

Nope. A good example is always the best teacher

And great quote (even if you didn't want to use it):

"Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others.

I completely agree. But what others choose to do with the light that we each show... well, that's up to them.

Absolutely. A man cannot choose without options

• Violia
    Violia

Dark Side

LIGHTEN UP should become your mantra.

IT IS possible that you take yourself and everything too seriously.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Eventually, after living many years(which I have), we come to realize that we also at times have said stupid things, been apathetic, acted with hypocrisy, and lacked personal responsibility. Usually, however, at the time we did or did not do these things, we could not see the lack in ourselves.

Couldn't agree with you more. However, youthful stupidity and irresponsibility doesn't excuse me, you or anyone else. The majority of us grow up and own up. We are supposed to pass our wisdom down, not hide for fear we may be ridiculed

With age there comes a time when we realize this, and usually become a bit more humble, and understanding of others.

Humble? Yes. Understanding? Sure. Apathetic? Not on your life

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Dark Side

LIGHTEN UP should become your mantra.

IT IS possible that you take yourself and everything too seriously.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it into consideration

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Dark Side... may you have peace! May I comment, please? Thank you! You made an interesting statement:

There's only one decision to be made. Stand and fight or run away

In several senses, I think... and believe... as you do: there are some issues over which I am not going to just lay down. As some here have so wisely pointed out, however, SOME things are not so black and white. I agree that if one has a CONVICTION about something... such that ones NEEDS to be heard or seen (or think they do)... one should certainly shine one's "light." However, having lived the few years I have, I have come to know that not everything DESERVES the attention of such light. Be it right... or wrong. It really depends on the issue.

In that light, dear one, may I suggest that there may be a third, fourth, and even fifth choice... which is to (1) stand, but simply watch (do not fight, as perhaps it's not YOUR fight); (2) simply pass by (because you have a much more important "engagement" to attend to); or (3) turn and walk away (not run, as there is nothing to be afraid of that would compel one to run, but just move on)... because the "conflict" or issue really isn't WORTHY... of your attention.

Indeed, even where I HAVE conviction, however, I might do the same. Because while it is true that I should let my "light shine before men" (and why does it sicken you to say so?)... the same One who is recorded to have made that statement, my Lord and master, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, is also recorded to say caution me not to "throw [my] pearls... before swine."

The truly wise thing, then, I would think, would be to first CONSIDER the "conflict/issue" as to its WORTHINESS of comment/involvement/action... and THEN decide whether to stand and fight... stand and watch... run away... or walk away. Or, even take a different way entirely, so you never even come across the conflict/issue to begin with.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit