Feel the Love

by FlyingHighNow 91 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Dark, your goal is to get others to think outside their comfort zone.

Do you do that?

Asked genuinely.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I forgot to turn off my x-ray vision.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Dark, your goal is to get others to think outside their comfort zone.

Absolutely. It's what I wrote, yes?

If others here can do the same for me, all the better

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I forgot to turn off my x-ray vision.

Someday I'll turn the tables on you. Dress in loose-fitting clothes

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Dark,

I just don't think there is always a "right" or "wrong" about most things.

It's just about understanding the other person's perspective.

I may still think the same way about something after a discussion, but I understand the other person's way of thinking better.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I just don't think there is always a "right" or "wrong" about most things.

I agree to a degree. "Most things" is correct. However, absolute right and wrong does exist. Good and evil are alive and well. I acknowledge both. Tell me your mindset and thinking, then I can figure out who you are. Where you stand and what you stand for. It's the ones in the middle that piss me off. The ones who won't take a stand. The ones who won't take a side. The sheep who are led with no hesitation, without question and who are content to watch the world go by.

A Don Henley lyric comes to mind:

"She looked at me, uncomprehendingly, like cows at a passing train"

It's just about understanding the other person's perspective.

Disagree. I don't need to understand where you're coming from to know that you're an idiot. Stupid is stupid. Evil is evil. I don't need to understand Osama Bin Laden's perspective to know that his ass should have been dead long ago

I may still think the same way about something after a discussion, but I understand the other person's way of thinking better.

Good for you. Nothing wrong with discussion

• tec
    tec

It's the ones in the middle that piss me off. The ones who won't take a stand. The ones who won't take a side.

Sometimes that IS a stand. People can be neutral on a topic because a: they can understand the hurt and turmoil on both sides, or b: they think both sides are equally pointless and/or stupid.

I usually see both sides very easily. It makes it hard for me to take a side, but not because I'm wimpy. Just because I don't think either side is all right, or all wrong.

Not to be confused with being this:

The sheep who are led with no hesitation, without question and who are content to watch the world go by.

Tammy

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Sometimes that IS a stand.

Nope. Laying down is not taking a stand. Hiding in a corner is not courageous

People can be neutral on a topic because a: they can understand the hurt and turmoil on both sides, or b: they think both sides are equally pointless and/or stupid.

I agree, that's the mindset of most modern people. But that doesn't let them off the hook. If they can't understand, or choose not to educate themselves, then they are going to get steamrolled. That's the weakness of today's society. Fat, lazy, apathetic. "Let our children and grandchildren deal with our stupidity. We'll all be dead and gone"

Laying down and rolling over is for dogs

• tec
    tec

I don't think you tried to understand what I said.

If I think both sides are wrong, I won't choose to take a stand for one of them just for the hell of it - or because I think one of them is the 'lesser of two evils'. I'll say that I think both sides are wrong, or I'll say what I think is wrong about each side, and what I think is right. That's not laying down or hiding in a corner.

Granted, if I'm not doing anything about what I think is right, then perhaps that is laying down. But the best way I can think to show what I think is right is by living that way.

(Be the change you want to see in the world, right?)

IMO, black and white thought/speech/actions is arrogant and blind and will keep this world in a constant state of war and unrest. No one is right all the time about all things.

Tammy

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit