Feel the Love

by FlyingHighNow 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I think Darkside is misunderstood also, and perhaps not always so good at getting his point across (in a pc manner :).

Normally I wouldn't respond to this, but since it's me being discussed, I will

PC is for cowards

I may be misunderstood. It doesn't bother me. I try not to mince words. I try to be as plain spoken and as clear as possible when voicing my opinion.

If you don't like what I say, or are offended by what I write, that's ok. I'm not here to talk about puppy dogs and butterflies and rainbows. I'm here to try to get you to think outside your comfort zone. Nothing more

If you can't, move along. Find someone else to communicate with. If you want to talk to me, bring some intelligence into the discussion

• cult classic
    cult classic

Nice thread FHN - Just about everyone here is ok with me. The fact that we made it out of the cult alive helps me excuse a lot of pettiness. It's mostly just talk. I don't think anyone means to be hurtful.

Cult Classic

• yknot
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, CC.

Yknot, that looks yummier than the chocolate milkshake I had tonight. *Sliiiirrrrp*

Dark Side, all of us have a dark side. And I think I have the same goal as you do, encouraging out of the box thinking. Sometimes I am more tactful and nice about it. Sometimes I am in a more punchy mood and I can be pissy and rub people the wrong way. You may not see it (maybe you do), but I see some anger in you. Just the phrase "shut the f*&k up" alone reveals some anger. I have anger. Not a bad thing when handled right. It's hard for me to always handle mine right. I saw a report at the doctors office on doctors office CNN that men who are angry have more heart attacks and strokes. So yeah, learning to deal with it might help you live healthier and longer.

• troubled mind
  • Chalam
    Chalam

The Message, especially for our departing Message fan :)

Love never gives up.
    Love cares more for others than for self.
    Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
    Love doesn't strut,
    Doesn't have a swelled head,
    Doesn't force itself on others,
    Isn't always "me first,"
    Doesn't fly off the handle,
    Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
    Doesn't revel when others grovel,
    Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
    Puts up with anything,
    Trusts God always,
    Always looks for the best,
    Never looks back,
    But keeps going to the end.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Dark Side, all of us have a dark side. And I think I have the same goal as you do, encouraging out of the box thinking. Sometimes I am more tactful and nice about it. Sometimes I am in a more punchy mood and I can be pissy and rub people the wrong way. You may not see it (maybe you do), but I see some anger in you. Just the phrase "shut the f*&k up" alone reveals some anger. I have anger. Not a bad thing when handled right. It's hard for me to always handle mine right. I saw a report at the doctors office on doctors office CNN that men who are angry have more heart attacks and strokes. So yeah, learning to deal with it might help you live healthier and longer.

Thank you for your concern, FHN. I know that sounds a little trite, but I mean it. However, I'm fine.

There are a few things that truly piss me off. Stupidity, apathy, hypocrisy and a lack of personal responsibility are at the top of the list. So, when I encounter those things on the board, I happily point them out.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hillary Step would have had huge issues with this thread.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yeah, Burn, but Hilary liked me, so he never said anything negative to me. I imagine he would have smiled, chuckled and moved along. I got a few PM's from him explaining how he really looked at things.

Dark, I see a hard shell with soft serve underneath.

Troubled, that's beautiful. The moss and fern look so cool and refreshing, this August day.

"Love doesn't strut."

Chalam, where did you get that? I've never read that translation of 1 Cor. 13:4-8 before. I love it. I am going to copy and save it.

This is for you, Stephen and everyone else stopping in. Try listening to the words. It's Jimi Hendrix. Anyone thinks a message of love can't have some oomph? Well, Jimi will prove you wrong. Love doesn't have to be wimpy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNYGXMnIGWs

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Dark, I see a hard shell with soft serve underneath.

You weren't supposed to see that. It's off limits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit