Crane accident at KH in Victoria, BC Canada

by OnTheWayOut 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    Doval was a crane operator by trade until his retirement. Both Doval and the crane are certified, Middleton said, and the regional building committeeis now filing investigation forms with their Toronto branch to begin insurance proceedings.
    "We have insurance for all our projects," Middleton said.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_south/victorianews/news/99483964.html

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the Hospital Liaison Committee was there to make sure "Mike" didn't take blood transfusions.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Ironically, the poor guy was "impaled"....

• man in black
    man in black

not trying to hijack this thread, but I remember working construction with the witnesses back in the mid 80's right after I got married.

No insurance, living life day- to-day, planning on pioneering.

Working a large job on a neighboring PO's company crew, ,, one day he decided to take all of us to go work on a quick build, no asking he just does it.

1.5 hour ride each way to get there, I was 24 yrs. old with a wife and newborn son.

Later I discovered that the day was volunteered time,,, never even asked us if we could afford it. He just took us out there and expected us to

"put God first"

I was such a damn pushover back then for things pertaining to the so called truth

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

WAS HE IMPALED BY ONE REBAR OR TWO ??? SO WAS HE CRUCIFIED OR NOT?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its just another display of exploitation by the church.

This JW spokesman says the WTS has insurance for construction sites, the reality is they probably have insurance against property damage

while the construction site is on going ( Liability Insurance ) but do they have personal injury insurance for the workers on these sites ?

What would happen if a person dies while working on these sites and that individual has a family to support ?

What I can remember from working on an Assembly Hall and one Kingdom Hall is there were many untrained or little trained people doing jobs

that they shouldn't have been doing, putting themselves and a whole lot of others at risk.

This man will have government sponsored health insurance to cover his medical costs.

Another problem is that on a non-JWS work site, there are plenty of professionally trained people who can spot trouble especially setting up and

operating heavy lifting ( crane work ) . How many specially trained workers in this specialized field were there at the time of this incident ?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Insurance may be KH fund which they may view as insurance from wt$. They have unqualified people there and most of these people prbably don't even think what if something happened to them who would cover the bills? If someone died, what would the kids get? A golden handshake and a smile that daddy or mommy will be there in paradise. Can't believe that government will not look deeper how to charge these people with something. If workers comp doesn't investigate this that's a scary thought.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I don't know exactly how it goes down now, but it's not like they old days where kids are packing shingles onto the roof.

The Borg is very careful about who they allow the "priveledge" of volenteering. Since most witnesses I know are in the construction or service industry they go to these builds and do the same job they are qualified to do on a daily basis.

Since the medical bills will be covered by provincial medical. The question that I have is, was the operator using his own crane. It was probably quite damaged. I wonder if it is covered by their insurance or will he be fixing that himself.

I like how they are conducting their own investigation? What does that even mean? They have probably formed a judicial commitee, who have determined that the accident was not seen by two or more witnesses and therefore never happened.

tt

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was volunteering on a KH build when a brother was working on the electrical wiring was below when a bucket of boiling tar was sloshed on the roof and some ran through a scupper and down on to him. His right arm and hand below the elbow had third degree burns. Boiling tar is a horrible thing to be burned by. He was out of work for weeks and required skin grafts. Terrible scars. "We don't need no stinking insurance!"

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I like how they are conducting their own investigation? What does that even mean? They have probably formed a judicial commitee, who have determined that the accident was not seen by two or more witnesses and therefore never happened.

That was funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit