Crane accident at KH in Victoria, BC Canada

by OnTheWayOut 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I never saw this on JWN, either I missed it or it wasn't here, so I post.

This is a recent story (July 27) and a follow-up on the second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdG5f43C2PE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZ_sTCTT5k&feature=related

• blondie
  • life is to short
    life is to short

There is so much I could say about this.

First when I was at Bethel I had a whole pallet of closet parts fall on me, I was lucky that I could craw out from under them, they were just to heavy for me to move but my overseer said that I was just lazy and that was what caused the problem not the fact that I was a woman and they were just to heavy for me. They had me lifting 80 to 90 pounds over my head putting together closets at 90 Sands. My overseer said I was a big woman very big I weighed about 120 at the time. It was totally crazy and when I did not pick up the pace I was counseled because that was why I came to Bethel and Jehovah would not give me work that I could not do what was my problem. If the work was to heavy for me than I needed to bulk up. I know many will say that could not or never would happen, but I am not lying I swear it did happen to me. My overseer said that woman are just as strong as men, all us woman need to do is weight lift to get there.

As far as the workers being trained OH MY GOD did that make me pissed. I was not trained in the least at Bethel. I had no idea that they would have me working on table saws, word working. I thought I would do house cleaning or something when we applied to Bethel not heavy lifting, framing, HVAC. I came so close many times to really hurting myself almost cutting my fingers off and other body parts but of course it was always my fault not that they did not train me right. I should start a thread on this. There is one story that I heard about some brothers on a scaffold who dropped a tool that hit a woman walking down the street it was really horrible and when the brothers saw that I heard what they were talking about they stopped talking and moved on. I have always wondered if it was true, I believe it could be.

Second it must have killed them to have to call for help and have the News there. When my husband had his heart attack while conducting the school the elders let me his wife drive him alone to the hospital and only one elder came up to be with me. No one called the next day no one cared and my husband had been an elder at the time for close to 30 years. His second heart attack the PO's wife was mad at me for even calling her to let her know so she could tell her husband as she had to go out in service that day.

OH the happy times.

LITS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So, working for free means that people don't get covered with health care moneys if they're hurt. Interesting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

LITS, the crane operator is a retired crane operator. He has the training as best as I can figure from the story, not from WTS but from his own career. Things happen. I don't assign blame to WTS for using poorly trained people. Cranes on dirt surfaces are definitely a concern.

Your story is important to know, the way they treat people that are injured, blaming them for their own mistakes. Perhaps they will convince this guy not to sue for even medical costs because it was his own mistake.

Your comments about calling for help and having the news there- extremely valuable. I could imagine for a couple of moments that they might have considered how to get the guy out without calling the fire dept. The JW's on scene will never say.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It does bring up the whole question of why these people seem to be addicted to the concept of volunteer building -

They have hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions. Why are they so cheap they cannot afford professional construction if they really need these JW-only assembly halls? I thought money was not supposed to matter to them.

Given their all-out obsession with "preaching the word", wouldn't it be better to pay worldly people to build this junk and let the JWs be in field service?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Given their all-out obsession with "preaching the word", wouldn't it be better to pay worldly people to build this junk and let the JWs be in field service?

As it was explained to me in the process of attempted indoctrination: "we can afford to have them professionally built, but we are not just building buildings, we are building Christians. We will need the skills in the new system".

What a load of crap. I am sure these exact words were fed to my drone study conductor by the upper chain...

-Yan

• JWoods
    JWoods
    "we can afford to have them professionally built, but we are not just building buildings, we are building Christians. We will need the skills in the new system".

Well, then - where are their railroad engineers, airline pilots, power plant operators, oil drillers, sea captains, and so on. Guess they are leaving everything except the construction trades up to god...

Agreed - this IS pure crap.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

I wonder who's going to pay for his BIG ASS Hospital bill?

• misguided
    misguided

I wonder who's going to pay for his BIG ASS Hospital bill?

Our healthcare system. Our tax $$ at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit