Do you trust AGBM?

by asilentone 49 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I don't trust Anti-Government Ballistic Missiles at all. WAC might like them though.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'd like to see the folks on this site get off the black/white thing entirely. I know it is hard to do with Obama and his ilk cynically trying to exploit the race card as a political tactic.

But we are fools if we let him stir up the past. No, it's not perfect, but we as a people have made progress. Jesse Jackson was almost out of business until Obama came along to pick the scab off a healing wound.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'd like to see the folks on this site get off the black/white thing entirely.

I agree but for the record on this topic a black person didn't throw down the card.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I agree but for the record on this topic a black person didn't throw down the card.

A fact he's aware of, I'm sure. It was just an excuse to bash Obama on a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with him.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Keyser.

I did not turn the thread towards race. Asilent one did and it went from there. I've seen a lot more blatant hijackings than this.

As far as Obama "bashing", I agree it was not neccessary to go there. But I did and I stand by my viewpoint that he has exacerbated racial tensions..

Do you trust AGBM? is hardly a thread topic that should be engraved in stone.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Keyser,

nailed it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Somebody has been practicing thier Yoga. That was quite a reach.

• fokyc
    fokyc

What was the number of AGBM's talk again?

The one he got a standing ovation for!

I forgot it!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The race card was thrown out to shut me up, that was the point of it being done. Totally unnesscesary and a bit rude. Kinda funny that Obama got thrown in the mix but that's how the board is going lately, some folks have told me that they're a bit fed up with it.

ASO, I would never make fun of your being deaf just to shut you up.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have been on boards that banned political talk. First, they tried banning it from any thread outside the "political" subject forum. That failed and proved to be too much work for the moderators. Then they just outright banned political stuff altogether. Again, it took some work from the mods, but it worked. Since this is kind of a "mods hands off" sort of place other than the odd moments now and again, I don't think there is a good way to keep junk from infiltrating threads aside from self-policing and refusal to be baited (which is kind of impractical since it is so easy to bait folks here at JWN).

So we're stuck with political (and worse, race) baiting here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit