Is talking about the Trinity, Michael, prophecies, etc, boring...

by serenitynow! 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

to anyone but me? Maybe because I was in so long, and "studied" so much it just got tiresome. Maybe because I no longer believe in god I can't be bothered with any of the things I was forced to "learn." Having read comments of bona fide atheists, they sometimes seem to know more about the bible than christians.

Does anyone else just have a lack of desire to try to understand those more complicated parts of the bible?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If I never heard about any of it again, it would be fine with me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'd much rather talk about black princesses who break evil spells.

BTS

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I'd much rather talk about black princesses who break evil spells.

Well, well! Hello!

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Hells yeah it's boring. High 5 and 1000 cool points to you SerenityNow! The thing about the bible is nobody really knows what was going on in those times. All the little visions they had? For all I know these guys were hopped up on weed. If someone makes the arguement that it's fact "because all these different writers over years and years have collaborated their stories and they're in sync", I purpose this to said person: True or False...the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

(hums Jeopardy theme)

You ready? Was your answer "true"? Oooh I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for is false. The sun, while it does move, basically stays put. The Earth turns and it's only through peoples perception of the sun that they make the claim that it itself "rises" and "sets". We have some lovely parting gifts for you though.

Yet even through all the sciences and telescopes and elementary school curriculum people still say that the sun "revolves around us" in a sense. No, repeating something over time does not make it true, any more than it does an urban legend. In the kingdumb hall you'll hear a lot of "We KNOW that jehovah is....." or "WE CAN be happy that (jesus, any of the disciples, jehovah)....." The strawman tactics are strong with these ones. Boring? Hah! You're being way too generous Serenity. I would rather jump out of a plane and land on a bed of nails with my face for two hours than to go to Speculation Fest 1914. Oh I'm sorry, 1915. Damn did it again, 1925. Holy f---, stupid keyboard, 1975. Son-of-a...2000. You know what? I'm gonna get some "new light" so I can see how to type this, BRB.

• sherah
    sherah

Yes! Generally, i avoid these types of threads; heard all of the arguments before. Once the mystery behind god and the bible were removed, those topics became less interesting.

I'll read any thread on the 607 debacle; those are a riot. Celebrated scholars, circular reasoning, witty insults...totally makes my day.

• designs
    designs

You just have to look at it like a fun Game of Wack A Mole. Have you seen the Ben Stein TV commercial where he runs around wacking a mole.......its kinda like that, great fun

• peacedog
    peacedog

incredibly so....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

talking about all that is like this for me right now:

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's so boring and seemingly over my head (does it really make sense to anyone?!) that it's amazing people are still discussing that stuff. Stuff of no substance what so ever (yeah, separating the words makes more sense than running them together, IM not so HO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit