Anne Rice Quits Christianity!

by Inkie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

How do vampires vote?

...speaking of being far away from reality...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Perhaps it has to do with the particular brand/form/institution/church/sect/cult of "christianity" she joined up with, dear JWoods (peace to you!). Maybe it was one (or two or three) of those who believe "they" are the only "true christians" and she believed them... at the time. Sounds to ME like she's DA'ing herself from something/someone... that she perhaps believes is "christianity"...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• jws
    jws

Why'd she feel the need to come out and say she's quiting Christianity? Couldn't she just quit? She could fade without any fallout, right?

Maybe she wanted to make a statement about the problems she found within the church. Maybe help others out. How many of us, if we wrote a DA letter, would have loved for it to have been read at your congregation for all to hear?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i agree with her, i have a very hard time calling myself a christian when so many christians are exactly how she states. very interesting.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

When I read this, my first thought was that she wants to quit "church-ianity".

• garyneal
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

She is legit, and this is not an uncommon occurence. Certainly not a publicity stunt, as she knows it makes her look foolish and evil to many of her fans, especially considering her background. Saw her talk last night on TV.

1. She had a major religious experience which convinced her that there is a Supreme Being and he is "good". She is not questioning that.

2. After years of experience with the churches, the whole thing is incongruous with her born-again experience.

3. Divorce from the cloud-computing of the brains of men and return to her primal roots, but with a new form of spirituality; basicallly a virtual reality scenario. This somewhat resolves the dissonance in the mind.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit